Dove Loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
    Academy should be in stock. I picked up the 1 1/4 oz high brass 1350fps monarchs and talked to guy stocking shelves. He told me monarch is academy’s brand and they are made by Rio, and priced well for what they are ($9.50/box). Didn’t know that and thought I’d share
    That's good to know. I really like Rios and was disappointed that Academy stopped carrying them. Same shell just rebranded?

EDIT: just saw ultrastealths post. Anybody shot enough Monarchs to have an opinion on them?
    Last edited by jerp; 07-28-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      That's good to know. I really like Rios and was disappointed that Academy stopped carrying them. Same shell just rebranded?

EDIT: just saw ultrastealths post. Anybody shot enough Monarchs to have an opinion on them?
      I bought some duck loads last year that were really dirty and unreliable.

Comment

I bought a case yesterday and went back today and there were 4 new pallets.

Local academy had remington shur shot(my preferred dove load), winchester super x, monarch. 12s and 20s.

Comment

Monarch ammo is very dirty and yes they are very unreliable in the couple of high end O/U that I have. The brass swells in my K80 and get hung up. My Blaser F3 gets a lot of short strikes on the primers.

Comment

IDK but I just started shopping for Waterfowl ammo, and surprised honestly I can't find a case at Mackspw.

Comment

Why ya'll need so many shells to kill 12 or 15 birds?
              Should be able to do it with half a box and have some left over for next year

Comment

Academy near me has had plenty of lead, just maybe not what you like at a given time. I've seen cases of shurshots, winchester super x, estates, and remington gun clubs pretty consistently. Picked up a case of AA super sports a week ago. They all cost about a buck more a box.

Comment

I figured at the price point Monarch was some pretty crappy stuff but for some reason my Ithaca semi likes them more than the other regular loads like shur shot and super x. I have no idea why.

Comment

I've had absolutely zero issues with monarchs. They're cheap, they go bang and kill birds. You can't expect much more. The shotgun shells are or at least were loaded by Rio, they used to have the stars on the headstamp. The rifle and pistol ammo is serbian PPU for brass and russian for steel. You can't expect top dollar performance from bottom dollar loads, but they're a good value.

Comment

my brother in law picked me up 2 cases of 20 gauge in san antonio at academy for my wife , and i have 3000 primers ,shot, wads, and hulls to load up a bunch .

ive seen lots of 12 gauge ammo at the range and bass pro in san antonio but 20 gauge still seems harder to find.

Comment

Been having pretty good luck at Walmarts lately grabbing bricks of 4 boxes for around $25. aMainly Winchester a few Federal 12 gauge and 20

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          I bought some duck loads last year that were really dirty and unreliable.
                          Same experience here with the duck loads

Comment

Anyone still finding dove loads online?

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Local academy has Heavy dove for 8.99 a BOX guess I’m shooting winchester this year 69.99 a case.

Comment

Been getting some at academy but it’s pricey remington sure shot 97$ a flat

Comment

Working...
                                X