• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    We called this the glory hole setup.

Hahahah i like that. I'll look into this. Thanks for the idea

Comment

What camera do you suggest in the Low light condition I’m looking for a new camera

Comment

Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
        What camera do you suggest in the Low light condition I’m looking for a new camera

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
          Got it..swivel arm should do the trick then.

I’m gonna roll with this. Getting the angle right on a shelf/box with my blind 3 plus feet high than the feeder, is going to be and interesting build and this is just going to be easier. Just need to be able to clamp the head down good and it stay in place when I push buttons in the dark

Comment

Jason, I used mine for years out of a hard blind and just strapped my tripod to the side of the blind with the camera in the bottom corner of the window. Had that mosquito mesh around it and cut a hole in the netting. That gave me the ability to move the camera a bit.

Comment

Here are pics of that set up. The other thing that helped me was I connected a small external monitor to the camera and set it low down below the cameera on the wall of the blind. That allowed me to frame the video like I wanted to without opening the screen or using the view finder...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0992.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	481.6 KB
ID:	24640714

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0993.JPG
Size:	459.0 KB
ID:	24640715

Name:	IMGP0990.JPG
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	24640716

Name:	IMGP0994.JPG
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	24640717

Comment

why not just treat the windows with an anti fog chem,,, like rain x.....

Comment

Set the tripod with two legs forward and extend the rear leg until the camera lens is very near the cut out. Then adjust the zoom for your field of view.

Comment

Lets talk videoing deer or pigs through a specific hole cut in your blind

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    why not just treat the windows with an anti fog chem,,, like rain x.....

Because if you read to the middle of my initial post, you’d see a big part of this is to film at night pig hunting and you’ll see shooting video through the window glass with a red light at night on the subject is not working ... even with a clear/clean window . I tried it without pigs when I was about to leave just so I could make sure I was doing everything right. The window, and a red light in the dark was not working. It works fine with the camera in an open window at night . The glass just does something to the focus.

Comment

I got it taken care of folks. Thanks for the discussion.

Comment

I know you have it taken care of but If you have horiziotal windows like I do, I went to Home Depot and bought some black vinal mesh window screen and put it over my window. Then cut out about a 12-16" hole in the middle of the window to shoot out of and also cut a small 4"x4" hole on the side and position your camera there to video thru. The netting helps with movement and I like to sit behind it and look through it until i get ready to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          I know you have it taken care of but If you have horiziotal windows like I do, I went to Home Depot and bought some black vinal mesh window screen and put it over my window. Then cut out about a 12-16" hole in the middle of the window to shoot out of and also cut a small 4"x4" hole on the side and position your camera there to video thru. The netting helps with movement and I like to sit behind it and look through it until i get ready to shoot.

I appreciate the idea but positioning the camera after it turns dark and after I open the window when the pigs get there was part of the main problem. I have to keep the windows closed until the pigs get upwind to help with scent control . Mesh screen unfortunately, is not going to help with that...

Comment

How did you fix it Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              How did you fix it Jason?

My plan...

-Cut a 4x4" hole in the plywood to the left and below my shooting window since my deerview window swings open to the left.

-Make a small slider window with a seal for that hole from a piece of tinted plexi I have so I can easily open and close it in front of the camera while in position.

-repurpose a swivel arm I had in another blind that can be tightened down and hopefully it doesn't move much when I'm reaching for buttons in the dark.

Last edited by Smart; 01-11-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

This is what had in the box blinds of our last lease. Close when not used to keep the critters and wasp out of the blind. Worked perfectly. Used a tripod for the camera mount.

Comment

Working...
                                X