Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in the chamber

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    evidently a lot of you have never duck hunted on public land, or read the TPWD manual, or driven in the country with a rifle in your truck. If I have to explain, then forget it. You sure don't understand the concept of safety or the law.
    Wow, city slickers.

Post a picture of the law concerning the carry of a loaded rifle in a vehicle in Texas if you are so sure that you know what you’re talking about.

I have been pulled over by GW’s, State Troopers, And Sherriff’s Deputies with a loaded SBR in my passenger seat and have never had an issue with any of them. I guess you know the law better than all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Raider4044; 07-09-2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
      Post a picture of the law concerning the carry of a loaded rifle in a vehicle in Texas if you are so sure that you know what you’re talking about.

I have been pulled over by GW’s, State Troopers, And Sherriff’s Deputies with a loaded SBR in my passenger seat and have never had an issue with any of them. I guess you know the law better than all of them.
      The amount of stupidity in this thread is absurd...I just got off the phone with the Federal GW & we have plans if it ever dries out next week to simply drive around the 'country side' with 'loaded weapons' to shoot grackles & other vermin / depredation. Yeah, there are some restrictions on certain specific lands where it is illegal to travel with ammo in the firearm, but most none of it pertains to tx public land hunting like claimed. He won't be able to provide support of the said bs.

Regardless, none of the idiot side antics supports the fail of keeping an auto sidearm as a primary defense weapon being useful without a round in the chamber in emergency situations...this isn't a topic up for debate. The decision to do such is being made on fear that has no foundation.

Comment

evidently a lot of you have never duck hunted on public land, or read the TPWD manual, or driven in the country with a rifle in your truck. If I have to explain, then forget it. You sure don't understand the concept of safety or the law.
        Wow, city slickers.
        This is some serious pants on Head material here. The best part is that it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
        Last edited by Clay C; 07-09-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          The amount of stupidity in this thread is absurd...I just got off the phone with the Federal GW & we have plans if it ever dries out next week to simply drive around the 'country side' with 'loaded weapons' to shoot grackles & other vermin / depredation. Yeah, there are some restrictions on certain specific lands where it is illegal to travel with ammo in the firearm, but most none of it pertains to tx public land hunting like claimed. He won't be able to provide support of the said bs.

Regardless, none of the idiot side antics supports the fail of keeping an auto sidearm as a primary defense weapon being useful without a round in the chamber in emergency situations...this isn't a topic up for debate. The decision to do such is being made on fear that has no foundation.
          Everyone knows that feelings and “muh great uncle once told me” trump logic and facts. But what do I know? I’m just a city slicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            This is some serious pants on Head material here. The best part is that it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
            Pants on the head? More like, head up his a**

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              Yup! People make fools of themselves everyday. No better place to see it than right here on TBH. Makes one wonder how thick is their skin to take the ridicule or is it just plain ol being dumb.

Comment

If I'm carrying, there is one in the chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                  The only time it doesn't have a round in the pipe is when I'm cleaning it. same goes for the rest of my guns. Oh wait I forgot all my guns were lost in a boating accident

Comment

The place I have coffee every morning with my buddies (at the table of knowledge) has been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last 18 months. Both perps were later caught. So far the robber has not hit on the customers or threatened them but did threaten to shoot the 2 employees behind the counter on the last robbery.. Both times it happened so fast the cash drawer was already out the door before some of the customers even knew there was robbery going on. On the last one the guy jumped over the counter and pointed his gun at the poor waitress. I hadn't gotten there yet that morning so I don't know what I might have done. Probably nothing unless he had approached and threatened me or my friends or had starting shooting employees. I always carry hot concealed and so does one of my veteran buddies. We hope we never have to deploy but if so we are always ready. We also sit at the same most strategic spot if possible where we have the most cover and best visual of the front door. I won't name the restaurant but they sell waffles.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      The place I have coffee every morning with my buddies (at the table of knowledge) has been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last 18 months. Both perps were later caught. So far the robber has not hit on the customers or threatened them but did threaten to shoot the 2 employees behind the counter on the last robbery.. Both times it happened so fast the cash drawer was already out the door before some of the customers even knew there was robbery going on. On the last one the guy jumped over the counter and pointed his gun at the poor waitress. I hadn't gotten there yet that morning so I don't know what I might have done. Probably nothing unless he had approached and threatened me or my friends or had starting shooting employees. I always carry hot concealed and so does one of my veteran buddies. We hope we never have to deploy but if so we are always ready. We also sit at the same most strategic spot if possible where we have the most cover and best visual of the front door. I won't name the restaurant but they sell waffles.
                      Hey Brother, nothing is telling you that you May want to make a Table of Knowledge elsewhere? Just asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        Hey Brother, nothing is telling you that you May want to make a Table of Knowledge elsewhere? Just asking for a friend
                        Ain’t a lot of options if you meet at 5:30 am

Comment

Originally posted by kjheiter View Post
                          I never keep a round in the chamber, just how I was raised. What is y’all’s safety protocol especially when little hands are around?

Secure storage, good training of the kid, out of reach if possible.

We have 3 chambered pistols (with full mags) in the house, one in my vehicle, and a 20ga with home defense rounds that also has one in the chamber. The shotgun is up out of reach, two of the house pistols are RFID secured in a location our kid knows nothing about, and the third house pistol is hidden so well I think it would take a metal detector to find if you didn’t already know the location.

Add to all of that, we taught him that EVERY gun is loaded no matter what, no touching unless my wife or I have unloaded them… and that he can look at all the firearms any time he wants, all he has to do is ask. The last part seemed to be the biggest help. Having the ability to hold them or look at them whenever he wanted really gets rid of the allure of looking for them when someone isn’t around.

Comment

Wow, city slickers.
                            I drove from home to the ranch and back with a suppressed rifle loaded ready to go. I have been pulled over. The trooper liked the rifle.

Comment

Always chambered always ready

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I drove from home to the ranch and back with a suppressed rifle loaded ready to go. I have been pulled over. The trooper liked the rifle.

Is there any other way to travel? Never know when big foots gonna pop out, gotta be ready![emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X