No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it shows I don't have a PP for 2014. This is killing me!

Comment

Figured I go ahead and post up my gear list. Happy to answer any questions.
      Hoyt carbon element g3 #82. I know and the answer is because I can very easily
      Pack is kifaru
      2 sets of clothes one set Sitka mountain pant and one pair kuiki pant
      Boots are kenetrek. Jus a note on boots. I ordered just about every mountain boot you can think of and kenetrek is what I decided on. Lol. I think I probably spent twice as much on shipping as I ended up paying for the boots.
      Arrow fmj's w/ 100gr silver flames
      Bins are swaro el range.
      Lica rangefinder
      Mountain house for meals
      100oz platypus
      Garmin 650T
      Anything else just ask.

I am probably better of making a video of my training instead of writing it all out

Comment

What's your boots? I picked up a pair of the Irish setter vaprtrek boots if I'm hunting mulies and will probably go with a pair of meindl Perfekt hikers if I'm chasing elk.

Comment

By the way, anyone want to purchase a used tenzing tz5000 from me?

Comment

Anything wrong with that Tenzing? Why are you selling?

Comment

The sternum strap broke in Utah and two of the zippers stick. Plano said to send it in for repairs and they'd fix everything, but I've never bothered with it since I have a Gregory Whitney 95 that I'm gonna use this year. I'd make you a heck of a deal...you'd just have to ship it off to Plano.

Comment

Good luck to the guys that put in for Utah. Starting to hit cards, nothing for me yet.

Comment

Got my rejection email from Utah today. It's official, I'm on the hunt for a hunt.

Comment

I've got a buddy that usually outfits southern CO on 17k private but this year he is leasing it out. He usually gets a few mulie(150-220") landowner tags. I normally hunt it but do to vacation schedual and a NM tag I can't this year. PM if you want his info

Depending on the timing of my success in NM I may be headed north up there......

Bulls are typical CO 260-300 but I did miss a 330 two years ago, ranch record is 360(4th season rifle)
                    Last edited by Texans42; 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Got my Utah email last night 0-4 on tags and a few other points. 5 points does not get you very far in UT.

Nevada draw is tomorrow, 5/21 and results will be posted by Friday for anyone in that mix.

Comment

Another point for LE elk and LE deer in UT.

Comment

The CO draw results are 10 days out. I'm getting excited!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindTheSight View Post
                            The CO draw results are 10 days out. I'm getting excited!
                            You can check if you drew 1st choice via a backdoor method for Elk and Antelope. It a little complicated....Go to CO draw results and input your info. At the bottom of the page you see your species list as pending. If you use IE right click the frame and click View Page Source. Scroll down to the results area and you will see your points after this year draw. For Firefox you nee to view Frame source to see the points.

In either case if your points show 0 you drew 1st choice.

Comment

What if the CO website says "no results in the specified years"? They took my money out of my bank when I registered online. I know it was a good draw entry.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                                You can check if you drew 1st choice via a backdoor method for Elk and Antelope. It a little complicated....Go to CO draw results and input your info. At the bottom of the page you see your species list as pending. If you use IE right click the frame and click View Page Source. Scroll down to the results area and you will see your points after this year draw. For Firefox you nee to view Frame source to see the points.

In either case if your points show 0 you drew 1st choice.
                                Hey drthornton....I just did this in IE and here is what I got for deer. I think it means I have a point but not sure. What do you think?

<td><span>Deer</span></td>
                                <td><span>1</span></td>
                                <td><span>0</span></td>
                                <td><span>2014</span></td>

Comment

Working...
                                X