2022. College baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Wow!! If the Longhorns did this, there would be 10 posts by Ags with a link. [emoji23][emoji23]
    I guess the horns only do it in football

Comment

Hoping the Ags can close out the conf play home schedule with a series win over State and then ease over and knock off Ole Miss next weekend to close it out. Surprising season for the boys this year, can’t wait to see what Schloss can do when he has his guys in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Wow!! If the Longhorns did this, there would be 10 posts by Ags with a link. [emoji23][emoji23]
        “Smart” move by Schloss.

It’s kinda like the Baylor coach making the OU football team come back out of the locker room with :01 second left, so they could kick a FG for the extra points to “insure” a spot in the title game……coaches do what they gotta do.
        Last edited by RLB; 05-13-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Haha wow! Aggies love opting out of games they think they can’t win. TCU beat Incarnate Word on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            “Smart” move by Schloss.

It’s kinda like the Baylor coach making the OU football team come back out of the locker room with :01 second left, so they could kick a FG for the extra points to “insure” a spot in the title game……coaches do what they gotta do.
            Uuhhmm…Baylor played…

Comment

Quitting is a bad habit to start...seems like we said that when they quit on on the bowl game.

Comment

I am not sure I fully agree with Schloss on this one but I am not the head coach either. From preseason projections of finishing second to last in the SEC to competing for an SEC title and hosting a Regional / Super things have changed a lot over the last 6 weeks. Pitching depth is an issue. Eyes are on a bigger prize. Sorry Incarnate Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Uuhhmm…Baylor played…

Yup…. No quit in them

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Quitting is a bad habit to start...seems like we said that when they quit on on the bowl game.
                    They didn’t “quit” on their bowl game, they “opted out” because they didn’t have enough players due to covid protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Uuhhmm…Baylor played…
                      ummmmmm, yes they did, but instead of being classy and ending the game, their coach chose to “use the rules” and take advantage of a situation to ensure his team made it to the “One True Champion Rematch Game”. Schloss did the exact same thing, since the committee puts so much emphasis on RPI, he did what he needed to do ensure his team is in the best position possible.

Our RPI dropped enough with that midweek game we won in Austin……
                      Last edited by RLB; 05-13-2022, 07:28 AM.

Comment

ummmmmm, yes they did, but instead of being classy and ending the game, their coach chose to “use the rules” and take advantage of a situation to ensure his team made it to the “One True Champion Rematch Game”. Schloss did the exact same thing, since the committee puts so much emphasis on RPI, he did what he needed to do ensure his team is in the best position possible.

Our RPI dropped enough with that midweek game we won in Austin……
                        should have gone down as a forfeit.

i think i read where schloss has done this before at tcu, maybe even against UIW that time as well.

men with money continue to ruin sports for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          should have gone down as a forfeit.

i think i read where schloss has done this before at tcu, maybe even against UIW that time as well.

men with money continue to ruin sports for kids.
                          Money Money Money……this goes above Schloss.

Comment

Money Money Money……this goes above Schloss.
                            cant disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              cant disagree.
                              What was it they used to say?

“Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.”

Comment

They didn’t “quit” on their bowl game, they “opted out” because they didn’t have enough players due to covid protocols.
                                Come on now Grimes
                                We all know they had enough players to put an offense and defense on the field. That's all you need to play the game right?!

As for this....you give up a game because your worried about maybe getting beat and losing your spot? Everyone in this thread knows what the others would be saying if it was the Horns. Grow a pair and go play the game you scheduled.

Comment

Working...
                                X