Houston Area Beaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I thought that was only a concern if you were in the brackish water, not salt water?
    Negative. But this is a part of life all along the gulf coast in the hotter months. Typically those that get it bad or die from it have some sort of underlying health condition.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
      I45 is construction he** . If I was in Katy I’d drive straight south through country roads to get to Sargent
      If you like a nice clay beach.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
        be cautious around Galveston, Crystal Beack, Bolivar..... there have been SEVERAL cases of flesh eating virus recently...one death from it a week or two ago.

not really trying to scare anyone but, keep it in mind
        It's a bacteria not a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          My wife likes Stewart Beach for a no effort enjoyable day. I like Matagorda, and if you are in Katy it is more worth it to just go to Matagorda
          If you like miles and miles of undeveloped beach Matagorda is it. But... it's not always very 2wd friendly. Most of the time you can access the first couple of miles in 2wd if you are careful. Some of the time it is not 2wd friendly at all.

It's what I grew up with so to me it's my favorite. It's not manicured but it is also still undeveloped which is what I like.

Comment

To much raw sewage getting into surf side for me y’all should watch that ch. 13 report on sewers flowing into the beach fronts

Comment

Houston Area Beaches

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              My wife likes Stewart Beach for a no effort enjoyable day. I like Matagorda, and if you are in Katy it is more worth it to just go to Matagorda

Be carful in matagorda. The beach is in terrible shape as of late. Anything past 3 mile is 4WD only.
              It’s also the only beach I go to for all the reasons Glenn mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Surfside is good in a 2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Surfside is fine for 2wd, go to beach access 4 and turn onto the beach and ride till you find a nice clear spot to set up. Its free and you can stop at bucees in Oyster Creek for drinks and snacks. Do Not go to the Pay Beach at the first to entrances, nothing good happens there.

Comment

Houston Area Beaches

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                    I45 is construction he** . If I was in Katy I’d drive straight south through country roads to get to Sargent

There ain’t much of a beach left in Sargent!

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 08-12-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                      Was at Crystal Beach all last week. 2wd will be no problem. Stop at any gas station and you can get a 2021 permit for $10.

I love going down there, but man I wish people would pick up after themselves. It's why we can't have nice things.
                      Definitely noticed there was a lot of trash.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        There ain’t much of a beach left in Sargent!

Yeah but it’s a got a new bridge lol

Comment

In other words OP, trade it on a 4x4 with 12.50’s on it and pick your distance;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X