Cellular Trail Camera Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack but have a question.

I have a feeder probably 500 ft from my house.

Are there any Wifi or line of sight cameras? It's pretty wooded so you can't see the feeder from the house.

It's more for my enjoyment than hunting, just would like pics in real-time.

Has anyone used a wifi security camera?

Comment

I have 12 Coverts running with 40,000 pics a month for $90

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        I have 12 Coverts running with 40,000 pics a month for $90
        How on earth can you keep up with 40k pics a month!?!

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
          Not to hijack but have a question.

I have a feeder probably 500 ft from my house.

Are there any Wifi or line of sight cameras? It's pretty wooded so you can't see the feeder from the house.

It's more for my enjoyment than hunting, just would like pics in real-time.

Has anyone used a wifi security camera?

Not sure there's a camera with Wifi capability to reach that far. My 4g camera is 300' from my house and I can't get wifi.
          That being said, my daughter has 2 of these Reolink wifi cameras. They are the exact same camera that I have (tilt, pan, zoom) but work on wifi versus cellular. Great cameras.

Security Camera Wireless Outdoor, Pan Tilt Solar Powered with 2K Night Vision, 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi, 2-Way Talk, Works with Alexa/ Google Assistant for Home Surveillance, REOLINK Argus PT w/ Solar Panel https://a.co/d/gEXYhAZ

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            How on earth can you keep up with 40k pics a month!?!
            Every day I start my day checking the cameras to see what surprises are on there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8_AoNiupq8xvgSoAtDlitpy3e1_cFnAdikIp8b7N9HbZwDsoEiFILJAcvTpIfbef.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	24688829

Comment

[ATTACH]1098362[/ATTACH]

Comment

Muddy work great

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                  Stealth cam going on its 3rd season. Spends hunting season in west Texas, off season in south Texas on pigs. Still going. Have a second ready to go. Haven’t had to use it yet.
                  I like the Stealthcam brand too. I have a few regular (non-cellular) Stealthcams and 1 cellular Stealthcam Reactor. I think I paid $160 for the Stealthcam Reactor on Amazon and another $50 for the optional solar panel. With that setup, I haven't had to change the batteries in over a year and I haven't had to visit the camera (you can remotely wipe the SD card when it gets full). They offer plans for ATT and Verizon. I'm on the "unlimited" data plan for $20/month, I think additional cameras can be added for $5/month each.

Comment

Every day I start my day checking the cameras to see what surprises are on there!

[ATTACH]1098361[/ATTACH]
                    That thing is a beast!

Comment

[ATTACH]1098361[/ATTACH]
                      Holy cow!!

Another one in the Stealthcam boat. I think I deleted all my photos from it that I had up last season. But they were pretty clear on my phone and even better when I put the card into my computer. The photo transfer has been going pretty well too. For a while, I had it set up at my house to see who was coming and going (when it was on the market), and it caught a couple of my neighbors a whole 5 feet away from it helping themselves to my flowerbed.

This thread is reminding me to go ahead and get it put back up by one of the feeders.

Comment

Ive had one stealthcam in the field for 6 years and another for 2 years. Just added a 3rd stealthcam yesterday

Comment

Tactacam

Comment

Originally posted by Rhdme View Post
                            I just bought two Tactacam Reveal X gen 2. I did the unlimited pics for both cams and the average cost for the data plan was like $100 per cam per year. They give you a break for every one you add after the 1st camera.

I committed to a year because I am on a new place and really want to get ahead of the learning curve of understanding what I am dealing with since I live around 6.5 hours from the lease. My brother actually set them up yesterday and I am already getting a ton of pics. I did get the external solar panel, which was like an extra $50 bucks. They do sell another version with a built in solar panel for a little more money so that might be the route to go.

You a can also pay $5 bucks extra and get 50 HD pics per $5 dollars. I just did the HD option just to see the difference. Here is a non HD pic from the camera on a small 10 point so you can see the quality you will get. I will post the HD pic when they send it to me, which normally takes about 12 hours from request, depending on how you have your settings set up. It can be instant, but that’s not how I have my setting set up. It drains you batteries faster if you want HD pics sent instantly. All in all, I like it but It has only been up for less than 24 hours.

Pic of small 10 and night pick of a but load of hogs.

[ATTACH]1098352[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD pic, not a huge difference but you see his crab claws a bit better. Glad it’s was only $5 bucks for 50 HD [emoji23]
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	c52049dd-370e-47a5-ac4e-735c5c577d68.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	24688843

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                              We run 8-10 tactacams and love them. It also helps that we are a dealer, so hit me up if that is the route you decide to go.
                              Pm sent

Comment

I just bought a couple Tactacam Reveal X gen 2. Don't over study the data plan, save yourself time and get the unlimited plan, its addicting and worth it.
                                So far So good .
                                I think they're the best quality for the lower price on the market

Comment

Working...
                                X