Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Made in the USA worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAW View Post
    The new chip bill is just another DC boondoggle for friends and family of congress to get wealthy on.
    Does it do anything to address the reason they aren’t made here? Giving lots of money to some companies doesn’t address regulations, taxes, labor etc…..

Comment

unfortunately made in the USA doesn't mean quality its mostly junk

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
        Might not be popular but in today's economy, if it's the exact same quality at a 20% discount, I'm taking the discount. Same price, I will choose the US made product, but the world is so interconnected these days, made in the US might just mean assembled here.
        Made in the USA and Assembled in the USA are not the same and have to be marked appropriately.

Comment

I try to. The price of a US made item is usually worth the quality. Most stuff made in the US has a lifetime or long term warranty and I know they will last a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
            Might not be popular but in today's economy, if it's the exact same quality at a 20% discount, I'm taking the discount. Same price, I will choose the US made product, but the world is so interconnected these days, made in the US might just mean assembled here.
            Boom! Why pay more for less?! The U S can make better products than china. If we won’t we get what we got. It’s all about pleasing the stock holders. Vicious circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Unfortunately, every semiconductor is built in China or Taiwan. The new tax bill the Senate is voting on is to fund "chip" plants among other things. It will be a couple of years before we will have any of these plants up and running.
              Adios,
              Gary
              Actually... there is one US company that made plans in the summer of 2021 to expand chip manufacturing in Dallas and open a new plant in Colorado by the end of 2022 - early 2023. Ever hear of Texas Instruments?

Comment

We did it to ourselves. It started with Tricky D I C K Nixon opening up trade with China. In the years since we have made them able to afford all the battleships, planes, and armament that they have today. We have befriended them in every way possible and they want to destroy us and eventually will. I’m as bad as the rest of the US, but it’s almost impossible to stay away from Chinese made products.

Comment

I would pay for US made if the prices were that close

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Actually... there is one US company that made plans in the summer of 2021 to expand chip manufacturing in Dallas and open a new plant in Colorado by the end of 2022 - early 2023. Ever hear of Texas Instruments?
                    Taylor, TX.

Comment

If I knew it was made in the USA and it were the same quality I probably would. However, I do not look to see where it was manufactured very often.

Comment

I'd pay 20% more in your example and price range if it were truly American made. Probably wouldn't pay 20% more for something that costs a whole lot more, like something in the thousands of dollars range.

Comment

As a small manufacturer I pride myself on my product being made in the US
                          Except for a few of the small parts it's all made right here in North Texas actually.

The suppliers I depend on for the plastic bolt knob and flag clip are US companies also, but I wouldn't be surprised if they source them from outside the country.

I discovered that while it's cheaper to have a few parts made overseas it wasn't cost effective when you consider shipping and delays etc. (it might make more sense for orders bigger than the 10K at a time I was ordering)

Some years back when a large corporation was looking buy me out they had a test run of my parts made in China and the quality was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            We did it to ourselves. It started with Tricky D I C K Nixon opening up trade with China. In the years since we have made them able to afford all the battleships, planes, and armament that they have today. We have befriended them in every way possible and they want to destroy us and eventually will. I’m as bad as the rest of the US, but it’s almost impossible to stay away from Chinese made products.
                            ^^^^this

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Made in the USA and Assembled in the USA are not the same and have to be marked appropriately.
                              Not so fast at least with knives! They'll put a slip of paper in a large box containing hundreds of small boxed knives. Also know of makers getting folders with everything done but no handles (which they also sell) so they can claim USA made. Then there's also a city in China named USA so......LOL!!

Comment

"Then there's also a city in China named USA so......LOL!!"

NO WAY!!! That's dirty.

Comment

Working...
                                X