No announcement yet.

Smoked Sausage Types-Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reviews on the holy voodoo sausage? Pretty spicy? I’m about to try a 30 lb batch with the same ratio he did in the video with 6 lbs. Seems like a ton of spices but I’m new to this.

Comment

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
      Any reviews on the holy voodoo sausage? Pretty spicy? I’m about to try a 30 lb batch with the same ratio he did in the video with 6 lbs. Seems like a ton of spices but I’m new to this.
      It’s pretty dang good and yes it has some spice. It does require a lot of seasoning and was pretty pricey to make since the majority of the spices I didn’t have. It seemed like way to much seasoning when I was preparing compared to the other sausage seasonings I use but it came out good.

Comment

spices

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
        I did the 6 lb batch just like in the video. I'm going to do another 6 lbs and cut back on the black pepper and jalapeno powder. It's good, just a little too much for my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          I did the 6 lb batch just like in the video. I'm going to do another 6 lbs and cut back on the black pepper and jalapeno powder. It's good, just a little too much for my wife.
          I didn’t have any jalapeño powder and couldn’t find any at HEB. I added a little more jalapeños to make up for it. It does have some pop.

Comment

I am going to try to make sausage for the first time this year. Hopefully it turns out ok.

Comment

Working...
            X