Group texts AT&T- problem with iPhone & android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group texts AT&T- problem with iPhone & android

For the past few months I’ve been having issues sending group texts when 1 recipient in the group is an android user. The messages fail more than half the time. I can eventually get it to go through if I send it about 10 times.

I thought it might be related to my service area, but I’ve experienced it in multiple cities/markets. And it is intermittent. Sometimes it works flawlessly, other times I can’t send a text to my work group all day. I’ve tried being connected to wifi and not and it is the same results.

Anyone else having this frustration?

Always somebody with an Android. We have the same problem with our deer lease group thread.

Comment

Actually our droid user just misses 90% of our group messages.

Comment

Odd

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

There's 4 of us in a regular group text.2 Android and 2 iphone.We don't have any issues that I'm aware of.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
            There's 4 of us in a regular group text.2 Android and 2 iphone.We don't have any issues that I'm aware of.

DJ
            AT&T or a different provider?

Comment

It all depends on the android phone from my experience.

I have been in countless group messages with people with androids while in school, and sometimes it works fine - but most of the time, messages don't send or the android user never gets them. Apple just has a better messaging technology with iMessage.

We use GroupMe for group messages with more than 3-4 people now. Way more convenient. Had a group of nearly 200 and nobody had issues as far as I know.

Comment

I have the same issues with AT&T. Half the time it won’t send my text to a group with an android user. I usually turn my phone off, then back on, and it works. I have no idea why

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  For the past few months I’ve been having issues sending group texts when 1 recipient in the group is an android user. The messages fail more than half the time. I can eventually get it to go through if I send it about 10 times.

I thought it might be related to my service area, but I’ve experienced it in multiple cities/markets. And it is intermittent. Sometimes it works flawlessly, other times I can’t send a text to my work group all day. I’ve tried being connected to wifi and not and it is the same results.

Yup. Happens a lot and I hate it lol.

Comment

Make sure they're sending as SMS and not imessage

Comment

I just stopped being friends with android folks.

Comment

Our hunting lease members have the same issue with group texts - cannot get them to send. All but one are Apple, one Android.

I will try the change to SMS

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I have the exact same problem here in Lafayette, LA. It happens mostly with group text that contains android users, but sometimes it even happens with single text messages as well.

I always put my phone on airplane mode for a few seconds and then switch back. That normally resets the cell reception and allows the message to go through.

Comment

Theres android brain and then theres apple brain...

Lots of apple brain people here in Austin

Comment

I've got one group text where 1 guy speaks half english, half spanish, and is always going on about Tool....I think it's just him thought, and doesn't have anything to do with his phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X