Tesla License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
    I have a front license plate on my Tesla, but you can’t see it due to my road corn feeder blocking it.
    You know how to roll !

Comment

All I can say is I got no sympathy for anyone that gets pulled over for no front plate. The majority of the TX population sucks it up and abides by the law, even if the front plate looks a bit tacky or whatever.

I know in the major metro areas, typically a lot of slack is cut on no front plates. However, like others have said, get out on the highway outside of the city and it does give DPS a reason to pull you over.

Most vehicles I see without a front plate are either Tesla's or BMWs. I guess it really has to do with the design of the front grill. Even some other Euro brands like Audi work in a front plate just fine without even a special bracket. Our Lexus RX 350 came with a front bracket and the dealer did the install to attached to the front grill, but no drilling was required.

As for paper plates on older vehicles...that's a completely separate issue, but also should be dealt with. You can bet the majority of those folks don't have insurance either.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
        All I can say is I got no sympathy for anyone that gets pulled over for no front plate. The majority of the TX population sucks it up and abides by the law, even if the front plate looks a bit tacky or whatever.

I know in the major metro areas, typically a lot of slack is cut on no front plates. However, like others have said, get out on the highway outside of the city and it does give DPS a reason to pull you over.

Most vehicles I see without a front plate are either Tesla's or BMWs. I guess it really has to do with the design of the front grill. Even some other Euro brands like Audi work in a front plate just fine without even a special bracket. Our Lexus RX 350 came with a front bracket and the dealer did the install to attached to the front grill, but no drilling was required.

As for paper plates on older vehicles...that's a completely separate issue, but also should be dealt with. You can bet the majority of those folks don't have insurance either.
        What year is your RX? We just got our 2022 and there were no pre drilled holes, just spots where they drill if needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          I got pulled over twice by DPS. Ironically I had it I was just wired higher, on the expanded metal of my replacement bumper. I actually felt bad for them, when they realized I had it on the front of my truck. I get it not normal place just three ft higher

That’s odd. Both of our Lexus’ have front license plate holders. Came installed from the factory since it was a Texas destination vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
            Probably fresh out of Popo school and gonna save the world starting with you.
            Its generally always been this guy in my experiences

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I've not had a front plate for 10 years now. Several states have done away with them, others are in the process. In MI, they did a study on how much money the government saved only having to make 1 plate. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I remember it was quite surprising.

Not to mention it looks way better without one.
              I'm not the smartest fella here, but I'd say the savings were around 50%.

Comment

The list of new car models that do t have a place for a front plate is long!

It is an excuse used to pull over people they want to check for other things.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  The list of new car models that do t have a place for a front plate is long!

It is an excuse used to pull over people they want to check for other things.
                  Fishing expedition…..

It is one of the best ready-made lawful traffic stops.

Comment

Working...
                  X