• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for the info.

Comment

Looking Great Tim!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        You mind sharing what’s he’s charging for that? That looks awesome, and I’m curious how cost effective it is.
        I would have needed 10 loads of base for the driveway. That's about 3k

The driveway plus 1 mile loop road which was about 1/2 mile crushing plus another 1/2 mile of road is going to cost about $2,200

Con is a lot turns to powder and isn't as uniform as road base. Road base done right would probably last longer also.

Pros - I got to get rid of a LOT of tons of rock. Plus the roads to blinds were really bad..So probably worth it just to get to blinds easier.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          I’m not scared-heck I walked to the stands on most of my hunts anyways

I am still having a hard time though wrapping my head around you doing all this just so graysonhogs could drive his smart car to hunt
          It was this or install solar panels and an electric car charging station

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I would have needed 10 loads of base for the driveway. That's about 3k

The driveway plus 1 mile loop road which was about 1/2 mile crushing plus another 1/2 mile of road is going to cost about $2,200

Con is a lot turns to powder and isn't as uniform as road base. Road base done right would probably last longer also.

Pros - I got to get rid of a LOT of tons of rock. Plus the roads to blinds were really bad..So probably worth it just to get to blinds easier.
            That’s not bad at all.

Comment

Looks great! You can probably drive around the ranch now and not even spill a drop of beer!

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Looks very nice!

Comment

Dang, that is cool.

Big difference on the before and after.

J

Comment

I've always said I'm buying a bulldozer when I win the Powerball. Now I need a rock crusher to go with it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Driveway turned out ok. As well as can be expected for 1/10th the cost of bringing in good road base.

Road to blind 7 needs another pass. It was super bad. See pictures above. I can clean it up good enough with my tractor and box blade but I'll have hit hit it again to make it good enough for my truck.

All of this done in 7 hours. He made it half way to blind 6 and the crusher broke. Sorry no pictures. Was getting late and I helped him load it so he could hit the road. Was leaking hydraulic fluid and we found the leak. Possibly could have fixed it but it had a rod coming out also that held the big front plate on so they wanted to take it in since it was under warranty.

I will post his information after I talk to the owner tomorrow. Don't want to post too much or too little.
                        I have the mulcher in the shop today looking at it t see what it needs.

Comment

I'm a gearhead..........any pics of the machine?

DJ

Comment

Looks great! I've always been told the rock crushers are harder to keep running than the brush mulchers. I don't think I would want to have both.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              Looks great! I've always been told the rock crushers are harder to keep running than the brush mulchers. I don't think I would want to have both.
                              when one is in the shop for repairs you run the other!

Comment

looking good!!

Comment

Working...
                                X