Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpaceX noise question

How do y’all deal with it ?

I was camping up yonder last week and my God its loud and annoying.

Mother Neff is pretty though right! (If that's a bad guess enjoy a visit out there sometime)

I heard it's a $10K fine to the City of McGregor every time they fire off over a certain decibel limit. As much as we hated it, our home value in McGregor skyrocketed and we did very well on the sale. It's a booming town in my opinion.

You get used to it.

Comment

Mother Neff is purdy but boy do they frown on you for taking a dip in the “wash” pool.

Ancient man and animals have been dipping in it since God made it but I guess poor ole Johnny will poison it. I face this kinda “baby sitting” by authorities everywhere these days.
      Boy, it were refreshing though.

I can see property going up but man its loud.

Comment

I can hear it rumple and my place is 23 miles from the facility. I can't imagine what it sounds like in McGregor.

Comment

It is fairly loud at my MIL’s in China spring.

Comment

I’m about 22 miles from them and the rumble is clear and powerful. I actually love it. The raw power and force of whatever they are doing is staggering.

Comment

We’re about 50 miles NE as the crow flies and we hear it every time they fire one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm 50 miles away as the crow flies and it'll rattle my P&B house. At first I thought it might be one of the local coal mines but someone told me it was SpaceX. Who would have figured a rocket engine could do that from that far away.
                Last edited by Kossetx; 05-11-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I was out looking at a property when it went off, supposedly some test to see if they could navigate a booster or something back to the launch pad?

I’m looking over by Mt Enterprise now

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                    I’m about 22 miles from them and the rumble is clear and powerful. I actually love it. The raw power and force of whatever they are doing is staggering.
                    Same here. At work in temple it will rumble the store good. And Ft hood I love the sound of the big guns hammering the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                      Same here. At work in temple it will rumble the store good. And Ft hood I love the sound of the big guns hammering the ground

Agreed! Now Weber’s shooting range can get a little annoying but... ‘Merica

Comment

I live 9 miles from it and ol Elon test some doozies over there. Elon pays McGregor a set rate with the rate increasing for after hours test and so forth. All I know is McGregor hit a gold mine when he moved that test facility in.

Rwc

Comment

Is it at the old military range in McGregor? When we did testing for our motors there, the city had several rules on when and how long the test could last. It was freakin awesome to be there in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            Is it at the old military range in McGregor? When we did testing for our motors there, the city had several rules on when and how long the test could last. It was freakin awesome to be there in person.
                            I don't think so. It is at the McGregor Industrial Complex.
                            SpaceX, the California-based aerospace company, plans $10 million in infrastructure improvements around its rocket development and testing facility in McGregor, Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              He purchased a portion of the old Blue Bonnet, Rockidine, Hercules rocket manufacturing plant. After the government closed the plant, Navair cleaned up a big portion of the plant site, deeded the cleaned portion to the City of McGregor then rezoned it into their industrial park area.

Seems every time I drive out west along SH 84, Elon and crew are adding more facilities........I think he is here to stay awhile.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X