X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Jan 26, 1945 Audie Murphy was a badarse hero

absolutely

Comment

He was/is an absolute American hero. He was a young fellow when he did this. Great article, thanks for providing the link.
      Still watch his movies when they come on the Grit channel where he plays a bad*****. RIP Audie Murphy

Comment

Men were a little different back then. Thank God for the greatest generation
        We could never repay their sacrifice. And yes Audie was a true Bad Azz no doubt about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Men were a little different back then. Thank God for the greatest generation
          We could never repay their sacrifice. And yes Audie was a true Bad Azz no doubt about it!
          This! RIP!

Comment

if you're ever in the Greenville area, stop by and check out his museum. It's right on I-30, and has lots of neat stuff in it.

Comment

True American war hero! Bugs me that he survived all of that only to go down in a plane crash. Dude should have lived into his 100's!

Comment

Those Americans truly are the Greatest Generation.

Comment

That was an awesome story. Long read, but worth it!

Comment

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      Those Americans truly are the Greatest Generation.
                      Without a doubt.

Comment

His cousin, William Webb, was my neighbors father. Native of Van Alstyne and Korean War vet. I attended his memorial last Saturday, died at 92. He had some cool stories of him and Audie.

Comment

What a great read....Thanks.
                          He was a hell of a Man for sure!!!

Comment

The True GOAT!

Comment

This post took me down a rabbit hole of Audie info. In my early years I lived in Farmersville and used to see the Audie Murphy historical marker all the time on the square as my Dad worked right across the street from it.

I had totally forgotten how young Audie was when he died in that plane crash.....46 years young. I read a couple of things that said he had PTSD and slept with the lights on and a loaded pistol by his bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X