Hour 24 of a 96 hour fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hour 24 of a 96 hour fast

I completed an 84 hour fast a while back and I am now going for 96. Looking to cleanse and reboot my immune system but most of all it is a personal challenge. At this point I have not hit ketosis and I have a very slight headache. At 48 hours the “high” kicks in and it is smooth sailing from there but the first 48 are always tough for me. Crazy? Maybe, but there are a lot of positives about long term fasting. Plus it saves on food bills and toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m due for a reset myself. Spent most of last year doing 36-48 fasts and have maintained doing 24 hour but have gotten lazy with diet. For me the first 24-36 is the hardest then it evens out. Mostly mental. Good luck!

Comment

The energy rush when your body hits ketosis is incredible. It’s like your engine was idling at 800rpm, and then suddenly it changes over to the high octane stuff and begins running at 2000rpm but way smoother and more efficient. Good luck with it and be cautious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell me more?? I am needing a reboot as well.. I have done some IF from time to time but never more than 16 hours. What resources would be good to look into for doing your first longer fast?

Comment

I had a large deluxe original Schlotzsky's sandwich for dinner. It was goooooood.

Comment

I did a 72 hour fast and the vivid dreams is what got me.

Comment

I did an eight day fast before my weight loss surgery a few years ago. Need to do it again. Enjoyed the challenge but it was rough.

Comment

Yes I started on a 3 day fast and it turned into 5. Had to slowly eat very bland foods to get going again. It was tough at first then very easy.

Comment

drink or eat some salt. it helps with the headache.

Comment

What do you all have against food that you choose to starve? This is still America. Have a burger and milkshake. Lol

Comment

I did 10 days once but instead of a true fast it was some crazy drink made of water, agave and chili powder or something. It had some calories.

First meal after 240 hours was Papasita's fajitas.

Comment

36 hours in, a little jittery feeling but starting to feel a lot better. Drinking only water with a small amount of salt. If I can hold off until Wednesday morning I will be cruising the rest of the way.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                            36 hours in, a little jittery feeling but starting to feel a lot better. Drinking only water with a small amount of salt. If I can hold off until Wednesday morning I will be cruising the rest of the way.

I've read The Obesity Code twice now. GREAT BOOK! It's amazing how long we can do without food and the benefits of doing so. Are you doing this to kickstart your body set weight or starting a new meal plan?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                              I've read The Obesity Code twice now. GREAT BOOK! It's amazing how long we can do without food and the benefits of doing so. Are you doing this to kickstart your body set weight or starting a new meal plan?

Mainly weight but also to reset my immune system

Comment

Working...
                              X