Daughters 1st deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters 1st deer

Yesterday was opening day of youth week here in Desoto Parish in Louisiana. Took my youngest daughter and my son. Oldest daughter had a softball tournament in Longview. Well yesterday morn we saw a few but no shot opportunities. My youngest daughter,which is only 7, is a small kiddo. A friend had loaned us a 300 blackout with a red dot scope but I really like a scope that you can zoom in and out. Well in between hunts we decided to pull my sons 243 out of the safe and go sight it in. After putting a few rounds through the tube it was dialed in. This is also the gun that my son and oldest daughter killed their first deer with. Well after getting in the stands yesterday eve and getting the ol trustworthy thermacell a going it wasn’t too long till the action picked up. My son was seeing deer from the time he got to his stand and around 5:45ish we started seeing them. At first they were out of range for her so I explained to her where they needed to be for the shot. After what seemed like forever they came into range and started feeding on some hand corn. Once the other deer were clear and the largest doe turned broadside I give her the green light along with saying a lil prayer! Once that gun went off that ol doe stood straight up and fell over backwards then tried getting up then went right back down!!! I knew then she’d just gotten her first deer!! My son text and said it sounded like she hit it!! I told him, oh yeah she dropped it!!!! Lol!!! We went down to be sure she wasn’t going anywhere and the celebration started!!! I give her my phone so she could call my wife then her grandparents and my brother. You talking about one happy kid!!! I got the joy to be with all 3 kiddos on their 1st deer and it’s an AWESOME feeling!!! Looking forward to many more.

That is great! Congrats.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Good times ! That smile says it all.

Comment

The smiles says it all!
            Congrats to your young lady and you too! Way to raise her!

Comment

Congratulations to the young lady! And to dad.

Comment

Congratulations! That’s a huge doe!

Comment

Man that is awesome!!! I don't know about you but I get more nervous/jacked up watching my girls than I do for myself. This is what hunting is all about right here!

Comment

Congrats to you and the little lady! The smile on her face says it all!

Comment

That is so awesome. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That moment will be with you forever

Comment

Way to go young lady

Comment

Thats so great! I can't wait until my 3 yo daughter is big enough!

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Working...
                              X