Anyone else applying for Iowa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else applying for Iowa?

I just Applied today. I went back-and-forth on trying to go this year or wait till next because of all the virus stuff. I thought I would take my chances. I applied for Zone 7.
    I ended up trading a hog hunt to a farmer and two of his friends for access to his 600 acres. This will be my first time to go if I get drawn. Anybody else apply this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't apply, but I did buy another point. Iowa is a long game hunt, meaning it takes a few years to make it happen. Hope you do get drawn, and have an awesome hunt, but homestly, I think it will take a little more time.

Comment

I didn’t apply, but I bought another preference point.

Comment

Just a point for me.

Comment

Just bought a point. I have 4 points now. Planning for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            I didn't apply, but I did buy another point. Iowa is a long game hunt, meaning it takes a few years to make it happen. Hope you do get drawn, and have an awesome hunt, but homestly, I think it will take a little more time.

I bought a point last year thinking it would take a few years to get drawn. Then my schedule opened up this year so I thought I’d at least try. I’m good with having to wait but it sure would’ve fun to go this year.

What zone did you put in for?

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
              I bought a point last year thinking it would take a few years to get drawn. Then my schedule opened up this year so I thought I’d at least try. I’m good with having to wait but it sure would’ve fun to go this year.

What zone did you put in for?

When I get my points right I will be applying for zone 5.

Comment

Bought another point, should I apply with 3 or 4 points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Applying for zone 6 with 4 points, I should be in

Comment

[QUOTE=SCRIBNER7;14905442]Bought another point, should I apply with 3 or 4 points?

Which Zone are you looking at? Depending on the zone and which season you are applying for you may be able to get in with 3 points in some places.

Comment

Applying to zone 5 with 4 pts

Comment

I applied for Zone 5 with 4 pts also, Hoping for the best.

Comment

So if you apply and don't get drawn you lose your pts?? Or do you get another pt added on for the next draw? Just curious why everyone is waiting to get 3 or 4 pts before applying. I guess if no one draws with less than 3 pts it wouldn't make sense to apply before then. Maybe they don't let you enter the draw with less than 3 pts??

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                            So if you apply and don't get drawn you lose your pts?? Or do you get another pt added on for the next draw? Just curious why everyone is waiting to get 3 or 4 pts before applying. I guess if no one draws with less than 3 pts it wouldn't make sense to apply before then. Maybe they don't let you enter the draw with less than 3 pts??
                            I just bought my first point in hopes of getting drawn in a few years for a good zone.

The way I read the website was that if you apply and dont get drawn, the you dont lose your points, but you dont gain one for that year either. But you keep the current number of accumulated points that you already had.

Comment

I have a buddy that invites me to go and I have drawn twice and declined 3 times. He hasn't extended the invite yet this year and I am not inviting myself, so don't know if I'll be putting in or not. Good luck to those who did.

Comment

Working...
                              X