Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer down in LBJ---From Live hunt this afternoon!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer down in LBJ---From Live hunt this afternoon!!!

Hey guys!!! If you have been following my live hunts out at LBJ the last few days then you will know how slow it has been for me. This afternoon I almost just stayed home cause it was so windy, but something told me to go. I got out there around 4 and got up the tree with my climbing stand. When I went to pulled my treestand seat and my bow up into the tree I started to realize that I had dropped my release. Sure enough there it was on the ground right at the base of my tree. After a quick and creative move of tying some of my rope around my caribiner so it would stay open like a hook, I sent my rope down after my release. After just a few failed tries I finally had success and got it up in the tree with me...HUNT ON!!! I had only been in the tree for about 30 minutes when I saw 2 does walking in downwind of me at around 85-90 yards. I had sprayed down with scent killer pretty good before I walked in, but I stil wasnt optimistic. They fed in to about 70 yards and just hung out for a while...no hurry or worry at all. They started to move off to my left and disappeared into the brush. I sat for a while and saw nothing. At about 6:10 I decided to stand up and glass around. When I looked off to my left I saw what looked like two does coming in from my left (different than the ones I had seen...one was tiny). After a while the bigger of the two walked right in to me at around 10 yards and I let em have it...perfect shot!!! The deer lept up in the air, bled like a stuck pig due to the Rage 3 blade broadhead...ran in a 20 ft. circle...ran 20 yards off to my right and ran into a tree...then went on a full out sprint about 50 yards...stopped and fell down, never to move again!!! It was so exciting! When my buddy got there with his truck to help me get her home, we walked back to where she was laying and realized that SHE was actually a HE! It was a nubbin buck who barely had anything coming out of its head. It had bumps else where too but we all knew that now didnt we! :-) Anyways...I had a great time today! This isnt my first deer with a bow, but it is my first Texas deer...and my first deer with my (new-to-me) Mathews bow...and had a blast watching my 3 year old son's reaction when we got him to the house! He even helped me process him! (meaning he held the scrap bucket and sprayed the hose for me) Just wanted to share with all of ya'll my success story!!!

Last edited by PastorIke; 10-28-2009, 11:12 PM.

Good going! Congrats and thanks for the live entertainment.

Comment

congrats Pastorike.

Get that boy in the woods

Comment

Awesome. Congratulations on the public land success.

Good job to your assistant as well.
        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

That's awsome!!!! Great story and thanks for sharing. Good looking young Man there also!!!!

Comment

Good deal, makes vacation that much better huh?

Comment

nice job!!

Comment

Congrats on the public land harvest!

Comment

Congrats to you. Great shot placement too!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats on your trophy

Comment

Bow + Public = Serious Trophy....That get the Double Whammy Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats and way to shoot!

Comment

Schweeet! Good scouting pays off!

Comment

Good job. looks like some good eats

Comment

Working...
                              X