No announcement yet.

Neighbor Hunting Agreements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like you are worried about what the neighbors are going to shot before you even buy the property. That is probably not going to go well.

Comment

With that small of acreage you need 10-20 like-minded neighbors to really make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        With that small of acreage you need 10-20 like-minded neighbors to really make a difference.
        I’ve seen some of the biggest bucks 25 yards behind the dumpster at quick marts, industrial areas, ball fields, and other places where nobody hunts. So management ain’t got as much to do with things as the Supremacist thinks.

You want that big buck, don’t be there and when you are there you ain’t there.

Oh wait, does management mean hunting over a corn feeder ?

Deer can manage themselves but you gotta manage to take one on their terms.
        Last edited by Johnny44; 05-12-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Good luck. Got a new neighbor last year. I talked with him about trying to manage deer to their full potential. I have been feeding for years and showed them pictures of two 4.5 ( a ten and twelve pointer with kickers ) year old deer that would definately been exceptional bucks in another two years. They killed both bucks the first time they saw them.
          Not gonna lie, if i buy a place and my new neighbor stops by to explain or suggest "our" new management strategy and to show me pics of the bucks I should "let go for a couple of years", I'm probably shooting them at first sight on basic principle, especially if they're nice bucks.
          Last edited by bullets13; 05-12-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

IMHO won't work just save up and buy more acres west of you, Young County, etc.

Comment

This whole “management” crap really is just another arrogant concept where mankind thinks he knows better.

It is no different in the big picture than AOC and ilks with their New Green Deal

DON’T BE AN AOC

Comment

I’m guessing you have gotten the answers you thought you would...:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                  I’ve seen some of the biggest bucks 25 yards behind the dumpster at quick marts, industrial areas, ball fields, and other places where nobody hunts. So management ain’t got as much to do with things as the Supremacist thinks.
                  That's kind of the point.

Comment

If thats the point then the OP would be better served making his property a possible bedding area if the geography, vegetation, and lack of human traffic is right. Then leave other folks alone.

Comment

LOL you looking for a unicorn neighbor

Comment

Just high fence it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why are already worried about the neighbor you don’t have yet .......

Comment

I’d worry about what you can do on your property and not worry about what my neighbor can do on his. I buy land to do with ad I please. Not please a neighbor with their “rules”.

Comment

Working...
                            X