No announcement yet.

Am I paying too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can’t hunt it anytime you want too then yes your paying way to much .

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      How many hunters?
      You can’t hunt anytime you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      17 hunters in total

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
        How many hunters?
        You can’t hunt anytime you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        17 hunters total and we can only hunt Friday through Sunday.

Comment

1/2 the lease (he best part of the place) is completely off limits (not even to fill feeders, period) during all of turkey season because the landowner subleases to another group of guys who come in and kill all of the trophy birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrenkw View Post
            17 hunters total and we can only hunt Friday through Sunday.
            Dang 17 hunters...... too many in my opinion. By my calculations that's $3,918 per gun, not including your other expences....yup you're paying too much for what you are getting in return, just my .02 worth

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              Almost sounds like they are double dipping. You on the weekends and some weeks maybe others there on the off times?

I wouldn’t like the situation as I’ve interpreted it. But if you’re good with it enjoy the heck out of it.
              There are 17 hunters and the land owner doesn’t allow anyone on the property during deer season except us. During Turkey season 1800 acres is leased to other hunters and we can hunt 1600 for turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Well how much are YOU actually paying? What’s the cost per hunter?
                This past season we paid $3300 plus $900 in feed. This next season it’s going up to $3700 plus $900 in feed.

Comment

If you like the place, I'd use this as an opportunity for some changes such as truly year round + bow.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    If you like the place, I'd use this as an opportunity for some changes such as truly year round + bow.
                    I’ve asked for changes such as dove and duck hunting for 5 years and absolutely no changes like that will happen. I’ve even wanted to decrease the stand to hunter ratio. Right now it is 17 hunters to 32 stands and none get taken down. So changes probably won’t happen.

Comment

Waaaaaayyyyyyy to much for me. I hunted near Priddy for 10 years(until 2017) and had the same size and quality of deer as you. My problem would be not having full access during deer season for that kind of money. I would not pay more than 12 dollars an acre even if I had full access during deer season. But that`s just me.

Comment

run away

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Well how much are YOU actually paying? What’s the cost per hunter?
                          It was $3300 a gun plus $900 in feed, corn/protein. This coming season it will be $3700 gun plus the $900 for feed.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            run away
                            Yupppp!!!!

Comment

Not having year round access & to limit hunting to what's legally allowed in season will always be a deal killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Not having year round access & to limit hunting to what's legally allowed in season will always be a deal killer.
                                Technically, in the rules of the place, you’re not allowed to kill predators either... including coyotes or bobcats... all off limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X