No announcement yet.

Made my oldest something for Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy I have not seen any one smoke that type of pipe ( tobacco) in many years now. I make pipes also but of the other variety. That one looks cool, Sherlock Holmes’ ish.

Comment

Awesome work Jay! I'd a used that beautiful piece of wood to make him some custom grips for his pistola or bow!!

Comment

Love it. I like Cigars and have considered a pipe. That one is a beauty for sure. Was it a kit or all from scratch? A work of art either way, I just want to try making one myself some day. Any progress photos?

He will love it. Funny commentary, I was a bit surprised the day my mom bought me cigars. Guess we spend so much time hiding our vices from our parents, even at 36 it felt strange.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          Love it. I like Cigars and have considered a pipe. That one is a beauty for sure. Was it a kit or all from scratch? A work of art either way, I just want to try making one myself some day. Any progress photos?

He will love it. Funny commentary, I was a bit surprised the day my mom bought me cigars. Guess we spend so much time hiding our vices from our parents, even at 36 it felt strange.
          I bought the stem, but I whittled the rest of it out of a block of walnut.

When I say whittle, I mean with power tools and a wood rasp.

The red washer between the stem and the wood, was made from a piece of plastic Briggs and Stratton motor cowling.

Comment

very cool, great gift!

Comment

Very nice! He should love that.

Comment

Love the smell of Pipe Tobacco!!!

Awesome gift, he will love it!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  Love the smell of Pipe Tobacco!!!

Awesome gift, he will love it!

To this day, I can remember the smell of Vanilla-bean and plain old Prince Albert!! Like the smell of coffee they take me back to better times with my dad...

Comment

I made a little stand for the pipe. The pipe is done and polished but I still need to finish sanding the stand.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice wood, nice work.

Comment

The pipe is awesome now lets just hope he's smoking Mary Jane out of it and not tobacco.

Comment

Nice pipe! Should have incorporated some raccoon “parts”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome!!

Comment

I would get him Nicolette. He will thank you later

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Working...
                                X