No announcement yet.

Help plan a trip across Texas on my Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not head west into the pan handle rather than coming down I-35.

Palo Duro canyon would be my first stop. Then go to Marfa.

i agree with the recommendations of 281 through the hill country.

Comment

Last edited by TeamAmerica; 06-29-2020, 11:05 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Comment

You’re getting some good stuff here!

Take the time to swing by Luckenbach when you’re near Fredericksburg.

Comment

If you take the west Texas tour I would definitely spend a night in Fort Davis. The Davis mountains are my favorite part of the state. The state park with the Indian Lodge is a great place to stay.

Comment

Horny toad bar and grill in cranfills Gap. Great ride and food. You can think me later

Comment

I appreciate all this info. On the west Texas stuff, I’ve been out that way several times while traveling to other western states, as well as family that I have out that way. I have not spent much time in the hill county other than past trips to the Larry Joe Taylor music fest. That area, as well as some places on the coast just interest me much more than heading out west.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                I appreciate all this info. On the west Texas stuff, I’ve been out that way several times while traveling to other western states, as well as family that I have out that way. I have not spent much time in the hill county other than past trips to the Larry Joe Taylor music fest. That area, as well as some places on the coast just interest me much more than heading out west.
                State highway 35 along the coast, then 77 south to 186 west to hwy 16 north through the Hillcounrty back to OK lots of small side excursions and stuff to do
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-29-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Big Bend Area & be sure to stay at the Gage Hotel in Marathon. Be careful riding at night.

Comment

X2 what sailor said about US 281. Years ago I remember my high school driver ed teacher told us that Greyhound, Trailways, etc. bus drivers with the most seniority always picked the US 281 route to drive through Texas. This route had the best scenery, low traffic, best towns, best food, etc. For years and to this day on any north/south Texas trips I take US 281 if I can. Give your Harley trip on US 281 a map look, and have a great time in Texas wherever you end up.

Comment

Make a drive down 59 to Porter go north from there up through God's country.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Horny toad bar and grill in cranfills Gap. Great ride and food. You can think me later
                        THIS...

Plus check out the Loco Coyote outside of Granbury...

Big Bend is a bucket list trip for me

Comment

In college I took 6 from Eastland to Robinson... I didn't stop, but the drive was very enjoyable.

Comment

I would definitely hit west Texas and then on down to Hill Country and South texas

Comment

Concan Leakey area along the Frio River is absolutely gorgeous, and my favorite part of Texas by far. Still the hill country, and one of if not the most visited places in Texas for bikes. You can’t go wrong with Fredericksburg and surrounding area either though.

Comment

Ditch 35 and find some back roads if you want a peaceful ride! 2 wheels down!

Comment

Working...
                                X