Dang appendix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang appendix!

Woke up Thursday morning at 3am with some pretty bad abdominal pain. First thought was constipation, but as the day progressed the pain never subsided or changed locations. We were all packed up to head to the farm after Thanksgiving lunch, but decided to stop by a St Luke freestanding ER to have it checked. Sure enough acute appendicitis.

Transported by ambulance to the woodlands and underwent laparoscopic surgery this morning to have it removed. Home now and resting, was really looking forward to spending the weekend with family at the farm, but the lord has other plans.

For those that have had this procedure how long was recovery? I’m planning to be back at work Mon or Tuesday. I’m a teacher so I can make it an easy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your ok...

Comment

Had mine removed few months ago. I walked out within hour of waking up. Felt fine enough next day to walk around and do normal stuff. Hardest part for me was workout restrictions. I felt Perfectly fine and normal within a week

Comment

I'm probably not a good reference point on recovery. I got mine taken out when they did my colon surgery.

I think its going to come down to your pain tolerance. My guess, keep the tramadol going this evening and if you can get by with ibuprofen you should be good to go by Monday.

Comment

Mine took a week,but that was because I overdid it and allowed myself to get dehydrated a few days after my appendectomy

Comment

Dang, glad you got it done before it went real bad

Comment

I had mine removed when I was 10. I remember it like it happened yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Might want to give yourself an extra day or two for work, but I did go deer hunting, kill a deer and load it ona 4 wheeler one week after my appendectomy. But I was younger then lol

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  Might want to give yourself an extra day or two for work, but I did go deer hunting, kill a deer and load it ona 4 wheeler one week after my appendectomy. But I was younger then lol

We have a Disney trip planned in Feb and if I take off too many days now then it may cause an issue with having enough PTO days. I figure I can just stay seated most of the day and teach from the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    We have a Disney trip planned in Feb and if I take off too many days now then it may cause an issue with having enough PTO days. I figure I can just stay seated most of the day and teach from the chair.

What do you teach?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      What do you teach?

Science

Comment

I had mine removed on a Saturday around lunch, then was back at work Monday but I walked like a 90 year old man and had to take the pain pills. I work behind a desk and also was picked up for a week so I didn’t drive

Comment

In fairness there are no easy days for teachers.

My recovery was about a week, but I was 10 at the time. It cost me a weekend of squirrel hunting and I was very upset about it.

Comment

Had appendicitis 30 years ago when I was in the 5th grade. Never puked so much in my life. It’s much better today. I couldn’t do diddly squat for 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              In fairness there are no easy days for teachers.

My recovery was about a week, but I was 10 at the time. It cost me a weekend of squirrel hunting and I was very upset about it.

True statement but overall I have some really good kids that can get their stuff done when I need them to.

Comment

Working...
                              X