New Bow Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow Questions

When do the 2022 line of bows come out? Is it not until January at the ATA show? Tried googling and searching on here but can’t really find anything other than here say of November.

I have a bit of a conundrum. I’m planning on getting me a new bow. Would you get one of the great bows from ‘21 or pick up a ‘22?

My current bow is 11 years old and ready to upgrade. I decided I would finish this hunting season with my current set up but, I want to have my new bow ready for javelina hunting in Jan/feb and or TAC/turkey season in March/April. I ask because since I’ll be dropping some coin I want to order custom colors and all that since I’ll be shooting it for probably 10+ years.

I would wait and see what they come out with before getting a 2021. Bear has released theirs, hoyts in October usually, Pse is on the 19th I believe, and Mathews is always November

Comment

To Me, one year is not going to make that much of a difference in a bow you will keep for years. Shoot them and see how much you like them.

Comment

Last year Elite dropped at the end of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a new bow a couple months ago.. I'm left handed and the wait times were 4 to 6 months this year if special ordered.. I'd expect the wait times to be crazy again this year..

Comment

Buy new old stock. I would go shoot all of the 2021 bows right now. Pick the one you like best. Wait for the end of the season and the 2022s to hit shelves and buy a 2021 at a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
              To Me, one year is not going to make that much of a difference in a bow you will keep for years. Shoot them and see how much you like them.
              This is what I’m leaning towards. It usually takes a number of years for the technology to jump and as it is right now most the top line brands have some great bows just gonna come down to preference.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                This is what I’m leaning towards. It usually takes a number of years for the technology to jump and as it is right now most the top line brands have some great bows just gonna come down to preference.
                I talked to Texas archery in Spring and they basically said with the wait times and such if i wanted a 2022 bow in any quick time frame i needed to pay for one the minute they were released to get on the list for the first couple of bows that trickle in. So even if they release the bow in november you might now get a 2022 until December or even later.

Mathews is what i was asking about

Comment

I just saw an email recently that Mathews was releasing their new bows(2) on Nov 16th

Comment

I would look at a 2021 at some reduced prices as opposed to a new 2022. As Dave Ramsey says- "Let somebody else pay for the 'new'" !

Comment

Well after reading everyone's thoughts, I put a custom order in for a '21 Bowtech Solution. I shot Mathews V3 31, Elite Encore, Prime Nexus 2, Bowtech Solution and Revolt x. Right away it was between the Mathew's and Bowtech. After about 10 shots through each remaining the choice was tough between the two BT's. I am pumped and can't wait for the new ride to come in. Should be here before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Never understood why they come out in the middle of hunting season instead of in the spring
                        So you can get the latest shoot all summer and be ready for hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Well after reading everyone's thoughts, I put a custom order in for a '21 Bowtech Solution. I shot Mathews V3 31, Elite Encore, Prime Nexus 2, Bowtech Solution and Revolt x. Right away it was between the Mathew's and Bowtech. After about 10 shots through each remaining the choice was tough between the two BT's. I am pumped and can't wait for the new ride to come in. Should be here before Thanksgiving.
                          You are going to love that Solution! I picked up the SS in September and like you shot most all of the major brands. Did you go through Scott at mesquite?

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                            Never understood why they come out in the middle of hunting season instead of in the spring
                            So you can get the latest shoot all summer and be ready for hunting season.

I think the releases are driven by competition archery (i.e. indoor season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                              Buy new old stock. I would go shoot all of the 2021 bows right now. Pick the one you like best. Wait for the end of the season and the 2022s to hit shelves and buy a 2021 at a discount.
                              That’s my plan!!

Comment

Working...
                              X