• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're fun when the hogs will hit em.

Comment

I have one in east tx with 2 holes and the pigs empty it in a night or 2

Comment

I had same kinda luck with the gravity bucket knock feeder too. 5 gal bucket drill a 2 inch hole center of the bottom. Put a 16 inch 1 1/4 " closet rod in the center, so it hung down about 12 inch below the bottom of the bucket.
        Hung it so the bottom of the bucket was about 2 feet off the ground so when they walk under or by the bucket they would hit the rod allowing corn to drop out, but they stayed away from the rod and bucket, and walked around it.

Comment

So just to try and clear a few things up....its 4" pipe about 5ft long, cap one end and put a screw on cap on the other end (not sure of technical name) and drill about 4 - 5/8" holes?? Whats the best way to put the marbles in without plugging the hole??...or is that not an issue?? And of course add a chain to secure it.

Comment

Originally posted by JustYakin View Post
            So just to try and clear a few things up....its 4" pipe about 5ft long, cap one end and put a screw on cap on the other end (not sure of technical name) and drill about 4 - 5/8" holes?? Whats the best way to put the marbles in without plugging the hole??...or is that not an issue?? And of course add a chain to secure it.
            I put a cup on the inside, glued flush with pipe, out your "rattle" inside and then gluded thed cap on.

Comment

We have used them but was hard for us to pattern hogs. In and out alot but never know when. Would be fine now that I hunt at night.

The only other thing I didn't like was that it was harder for me to get a bow shot cause they were EVEN MORE constantly moving and rooting more so than at a feeder.

Comment

Pipe feeder I made 8 years ago now.

I ended up using a soda can, bailing wire and duck tape to close off some holes and limited the pipes 2 holes. Newer pipes I have made received 2-3 holes (one at the bottom, middle and top) in a spiral.

Welded a swivel to a bolt and attached it to the cap end and then glued it on the pipe. Threaded cap on the other end to fill it.

Put a rebar ring on the other end of the chain and welded a 1/2 horse shoe to a piece of 4' rebar as a stake. The horse shoe keeps the ring from coming off.

Put the ring down and drive the rebar stake down. Never lost one or had a chain bind up.

I usually just add plain corn to the pipe. Every now and then I'll add a packet of strawberry jello in with the corn.

Last pic: I add little extra corn laced with a pack of strawberry jello to area before sitting for the evening.

I like using a white light to illuminate the area vs. a red or other color light.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Swat791; 07-28-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THETEXAN View Post
                  6 holes !!! They will empty your pipe Quick !!! I have three 5/8'' holes in each of my three pipes and they will clean it out in a three to five days. Once they start to hit it hard I duck tape both end holes and use the middle hole only. I also have a 3'' cap inserted backwards into the 4'' pipe and filled with a few rocks and covered with 4'' cleanout cap. If they eat my corn all gone when they roll it around the rocks rattle making them think there is still some corn there.
                  The ol' pea gravel trick

Comment

I built one awhile back and put it out in a creek bed the hogs found it and emptied it in one night I had a crap ton of photos on my TC so I refilled it and once again they emptied the only problem is that it was impossible to pattern them

Comment

I have two and the pigs broke the swivels on both of them. I bought some heavier swivels and put two on each one. One at the ring on the post and one at the eye bolt at the pipe. I didn't glue my fittings, just used self tapping screws, in case something broke I could just replace components not a whole set up.

Comment

How big of holes you drill,in ti

Comment

I have two here and haven't filled it up in a while.

It works and they will drag all over place. I don't attach it stationary but rather movable such as cinderblock. Make sure your tc is far enough to capture wide angle rather than close up because it will get out of tc's way.

Good luck!

Comment

I have one in my truck ready to put out. They work great.

Comment

Another pipe ready to go!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Found this. Gives you a shopping list and step by step instructions. I'm going to make a few this weekend and set them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X