Bird hunt suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird hunt suggestions

Looking for options for a bird hunt. Doesn’t have to be in state but no further than maybe kansas. Duck, goose, or pheasant would be the main targets. Would most likely be me and my project manager and most likely my wife. Around Christmas or just after the first would most likely be the dates.

Thanks.

Update - not looking for anything on the coast. I hate being hot and I hate mosquitos. And I hate getting salt water on guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DapperDan; 11-27-2021, 10:06 PM.

Da*n good crane and goose hunting up this way, and pretty decent pheasant as well.

Comment

Weekend or weekday?

Comment

Upland hunting in Texas
        Joshua Creek Ranch

Comment

Tule creek in Tulia. Dane does goose, duck, crane and pheasants. Lots of combos of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            Weekend or weekday?

Weekend if my wife goes. Weekdays are fine if not

Comment

For an easy trip that is close to you, check out Pintail Hunting Club in Garwood. It’s one of the nicest waterfowl lodges I’ve been to in Texas. Lodging is very nice, food and service is excellent, and the hunting and guides have been awesome. If you want a different experience, out of state. But I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in this place if you go and it’s a super easy trip from Houston.

Comment

Salt Plains is a jam up place. It’s not cheap but it’s first class all the way and they always seem to be on birds.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Salt Plains is a jam up place. It’s not cheap but it’s first class all the way and they always seem to be on birds.

My wife and I have hunted with them before. Slayed the green heads.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Where is Salt Plains? Do they have a website?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

Northern Oklahoma. Not sure if they have a website.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        They have land in Oklahoma and Kansas now. Just built a lodge before last season. Guy that owns and runs it is from Conroe. Everything they do is first class. I would think they have a website but not sure. They for sure have Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                        X