Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
    Which is why iv given up on that place man iv hunted there 12 yrs never had anyone mess with anything until this season camera stolen bow hangers bow ropes.... all my stand where stationed always have been and now it's become a crap show so Jan 1st all my stands will be gone and I'm walking away from what used to be amazing....iv met many of yall and tried to help some others but not doing it again

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Agreed! I’m gonna have to do something, maybe start looking elsewhere. I was used to at least seeing animals every sit so I figured my daughter would keep enjoying it but now she’s starting to become uninterested after six sits and not seeing a single thing. I have had a card stolen but that’s it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      This is why I now hunt from a saddle. Pack it in pack it out. I have cameras, but they are usually where others aren't and those of us who do go there have a mutual respect for each other.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I thought about doing that but I can’t get my daughter in a saddle. I may end up doing that for the times I go on my own though. It’s tough getting two sets set up every time she’s with me but when we see stuff the look on her face makes it all worth it.

You know, I thought the same thing. When I see stands, cameras etc. I move on quickly trying not to disturb the area. I know how much work I put into scouting areas so I assume someone else has done the same. However, it seems I have people inspecting camera angles then using the work I’ve put in or they set up on the spots I have cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
        I thought about doing that but I can’t get my daughter in a saddle. I may end up doing that for the times I go on my own though. It’s tough getting two sets set up every time she’s with me but when we see stuff the look on her face makes it all worth it.

You know, I thought the same thing. When I see stands, cameras etc. I move on quickly trying not to disturb the area. I know how much work I put into scouting areas so I assume someone else has done the same. However, it seems I have people inspecting camera angles then using the work I’ve put in or they set up on the spots I have cameras.

I know I have seen some cams in areas further back most dont go, see some stands but generally wave to them and keep moving. All spots I've been in are about a mile in, almost nobody and have seen shooter bucks and lots of doe. See deer everytime and occasionally hogs.

Feel free to DM and glad to share info with you

Comment

Sat all day today. This was the best buck I saw today. Crazy how slow it's been.

As you can tell he probably wont ever get "wide" since he seems to be growing more vertically than out. Good body on him though for a young fella.

Comment

Has anyone gotten a buck yet this season?

Comment

Nope, only young bucks and spikes for me

Comment

Went to check an area I scouted pretty intensely this spring and summer yesterday because my current area just has doe and young bucks. The good bucks I posted pictures of have only been at night about 2 hours before and after daylight. I'm guessing their home range is on private land. Well the area I scouted all summer and spring with no sign of any humans has a pop up blind (in a good location I would hunt out of a tree) and a tactacam cell camera in a primo spot that I planned to hunt due to abundant oak trees. They were dropping like rain yesterday. Couple of doe were on them, but anyway if this is any tbh'er send me a pm please. I would like to know the people I am hunting around and make friends

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  Went to check an area I scouted pretty intensely this spring and summer yesterday because my current area just has doe and young bucks. The good bucks I posted pictures of have only been at night about 2 hours before and after daylight. I'm guessing their home range is on private land. Well the area I scouted all summer and spring with no sign of any humans has a pop up blind (in a good location I would hunt out of a tree) and a tactacam cell camera in a primo spot that I planned to hunt due to abundant oak trees. They were dropping like rain yesterday. Couple of doe were on them, but anyway if this is any tbh'er send me a pm please. I would like to know the people I am hunting around and make friends

Should have left a note [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinonabudget View Post
                    Should have left a note [emoji1787]

Well I did leave a thumbs up I did find out who the person is and made a hunting buddy. Nice guy! Teamwork makes the dream work.

Comment

Guys which cell cams work best at Somerville? Half the time I don't even have phone service there. Think I am going to pick one or two up to replace with my old go tos.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinInATX View Post
                        Guys which cell cams work best at Somerville? Half the time I don't even have phone service there. Think I am going to pick one or two up to replace with my old go tos.

I have had the best luck with Verizon. I’ve used tactacam and SPYPOINT and I’ve had issues in the past with the SPYPOINTs.

Comment

Somerville 21-22

I have an ATT Tactacam and Verizon Stealthcam fusion currently with no issues. The Verizon always shows more bars but they both send without issue. Invest in some good cable locks for them as well.

Last edited by rem788; 12-01-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I have had good luck with Tactacam Verizon. My cell phone is att and mostly dont have service unless 20 ft up in tree. Which by the way is about where I hang my cameras with a python cable. Now they can still be stolen but someone with some climbing sticks and cable cutters.

Comment

This bruiser walked right under one of my trees this morning. Too bad it was two hours two early.

Last edited by JustinInATX; 12-02-2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

This bruiser walked right under one of my trees this morning. Too bad it was two hours two early.

Man that’s dudes rack is tall. Wonder if he’s wide enough. Definitely looks like a good one. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X