No announcement yet.

Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR Teniente 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who has hunted 2021, love to hear about it, successful or not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

after walking approx 30 miles over 4 days and sitting for 18 hrs on multiple spots never saw an animal on the refuge. we saw 9 bulls and 3 cows on the private ground 300 yards away. my best guess is that the weather going from 80s to raining in the high 40s then back to 80s with the full moon had everything going nocturnal. the other hunters i spoke with on the hunt claimed to see nilgai and deer but only thing i saw killed was a 2 yrs old 8 point

Comment

We were there through Sunday morning. It was a tough hunt for sure. I killed a 120lb doe Thursday evening. I had a cow at 30 yards on the trail I was hunting Sunday morning but I was on my phone not paying attention. Idiot.

We did see a runner wearing all black crossing the road from private land onto the refuge - be careful and lock your doors and hide your stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the updates bassmastar & dejashoot.

I'll be there next week for the 12/9 hunt. My buddy who I drew with can no longer make it so I'll be solo. Anyone else who will be there want to exchange info? I'd be happy to help with a packout, etc.

Sounds like it will be a tough hunt, but ya never know!

Comment

Originally posted by JWood1 View Post
            Thanks for the updates bassmastar & dejashoot.

I'll be there next week for the 12/9 hunt. My buddy who I drew with can no longer make it so I'll be solo. Anyone else who will be there want to exchange info? I'd be happy to help with a packout, etc.

Sounds like it will be a tough hunt, but ya never know!
            Good luck. Hope to see some photos.. even just of the scenery.

Comment

Will be hunting 1/6 -1/9 2022. Very excited to hunt nilgai with the bow.

Comment

Anyone know if there is a lot of ticks right now at teniente ?

Comment

Going to be there next week 12/16-19 with my hunting buddy. It’s coming up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post
                    Going to be there next week 12/16-19 with my hunting buddy. It’s coming up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Good luck!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CesarT View Post
                      Anyone know if there is a lot of ticks right now at teniente ?
                      There were a couple weeks ago. Found two on me.

Comment

There will always be ticks there, Tick control is not allowed there since is a refuge. Good luck to all.

Comment

Any reports from the folks out there now or recently came back? My slot is next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JWood1 View Post
                            Me and a buddy got drawn for 12/9-12/12. Looking forward to it!
                            If you are there now... please post a photo of your view. Love to see some live action on this hunt.

Last edited by bjsexpress; 12-11-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not sure if these pictures are going through, if not I’ll post them later.

I’ve had 3 hogs, a small 8 pt and a doe in bow range so far. Gotten a glimpse of 2 nilgai and 1 mature looking buck (8 pt I think) when stalking mid day. Has been really warm until a little rain this morning, hope that gets them moving this afternoon.

Talked to 1 guy who shot a bull Thursday afternoon. Said it was a good shot, pass thru, but couldn’t find him. Grass is super thick, and especially at night, makes for a tough tracking job.

Anyway, that’s the report so far. Will check back
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the report and good luck! It sure looks green out there.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X