So if Mobile Homes Depreciate in Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Mobile Homes Depreciate in Value

Why does Caldwell county say otherwise? Tax value not including land up 67.41% in the last 5 years including a $20,000 jump from last year to this year. Any tips on protesting this?

Good luck! If you live in a cardboard box, it went up $20k in value over last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
      Why does Caldwell county say otherwise? Tax value not including land up 67.41% in the last 5 years including a $20,000 jump from last year to this year. Any tips on protesting this?
      Unless you question them it won’t change.
      Land value increases are going to be hard to fight.

Most mobile homes go down in value after about 5 years. Call one of those places that says we buy mobile homes and ask for a quote. Take to CAD and show them that this is a fair market price.

There’s also NADA books for mobile homes. You can get a value from that. It should have a serial number to reference

Unless it has extensive remodeling or additions, decks and porches. You should be able to negotiate down.

Comment

Our 1989 model double wide on a few acres in Walker County has go e up nearly 50K in value supposedly with about half of that being land and outter building value. I smell some BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Because they want more money every year. Because they’re a bunch of greedy government employees that get titillated by spending other people’s money.

Comment

Did you protest your appraisal? Land and structure are valued separately.

Comment

Back when I owned a mobile home I protested my taxes almost every year. When they would tell me the value of it. I ask says who? They don’t give a straight answer. Then I say sold! If anyone of y’all think it’s worth the appraisal price you can have it today.

No one ever took me up on that.

Comment

They quit depreciating them in Liberty county. Mine went down for years and was around 10k when they decided to stop the cycle. It went up every year until Ike took it out, they tried to tax me on the debris pile that year.

Comment

It doesn’t matter what you’re living in now, appraised value is going up. They need their $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Because they want more money every year. Because they’re a bunch of greedy government employees that get titillated by spending other people’s money.
                    100% truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X