Rye w hu iskey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rye w hu iskey?

So bout to finish off some wild turkey straight rye, what's some other good rye I can try before wife gets back? Nothing that's really just mgp. Theres only so much woodworking stuff and house projects I can do before i get bored without doing some drinking lol

Pendleton 1910

Comment

try to find Willett Rye, it's fantastic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Michter's makes an excellent Rye.

Comment

Col. E. H. Taylor and Whistle Pig both have very good ryes.

Comment

I don’t like MGP ryes ether - they taste like pickles.

Only one person mentioned a non-MGP rye as well. You will want to avoid any bottles of rye that mention Indiana. Knob Creek Single Barrel, WT 101, Whistlepig 10 year (their other eyes have MGP in them), EH Taylor Rye, Pikesville, Sazerac, Rittenhouse, Old Forester are just a few good ones out there. Ryes can be herbally, flowery, minty, or taste like pickles, all depends and you’ll have try till you find one that works for your palate.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post

Only one person mentioned a non-MGP rye as well. You will want to avoid any bottles of rye that mention Indiana. Knob Creek Single Barrel, WT 101, Whistlepig 10 year (their other eyes have MGP in them), EH Taylor Rye, Pikesville, Sazerac, Rittenhouse, Old Forester are just a few good ones out there. Ryes can be herbally, flowery, minty, or taste like pickles, all depends and you’ll have try till you find one that works for your palate.
              Glad I am not the only one that thinks ryes sourced from MGP taste like pickles. Can't stomach them at all.

On the other hand, I really like the new Old Forester Rye. Quite tasty and a good bang for you buck.

Comment

knob Creek Rye

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post

I'm new to drinking descent whiskey. Educate me a little bit, please. What is "MGP?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                    I'm new to drinking descent whiskey. Educate me a little bit, please. What is "MGP?"
                    MGP of Indiana (Midwest Grain Products of Indiana[1]) is a distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, producing spirits for private label sale.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                      Pendleton 1910
                      That stuff is the devil. Two separate occasions I've "overindulged" on the stuff. Tastes so good and goes down really smooth before you know it your sleeping in the yard.

Comment

For the price Old Forester Rye is hard to beat. Also in that price range of 25% I like Rittenhouse and Sazerac. If price isnt a concern then try Pikesville, EH taylor straight rye,
                        or Kentucky Owl 11yr

Comment

I'm not a rye expert but I bought some Yellow Rose Rye and it's sure good

Comment

Old Forester Rye, green label at $25 range, Pendleton 1910 at $40 range, and Midwinter's Night Dram at $100 range (only hi west product I like?

Comment

I've been enjoying the Knob Creek Rye.

Comment

Working...
                              X