Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of State Points - Did I Wait too Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of State Points - Did I Wait too Long?

I’m wanting to hunt private land elk or mule deer in Wyoming, Montana, etc. for my 40th next September (2023). Do these states all require multiple preference points before you can hunt even if it’s private land? Did I wait too long to start planning for next September or are there still ways to get something booked?

For Wyoming and Montana, most likely yes. Look at New Mexico or Colorado where you can buy a landowner tag. Utah is also good, but spendy.

Comment

Buy one for Wyoming this year, right now it is open for PP purchase.
      We still have some general deer regions that can be drawn with 1 PP and private land hunts can be had for good bucks.
      You can also average your PPs in Wyoming with a friend and have increased PPs going into the draw.

RFW hunt in Colorado would work too, those licenses are not a draw for NR guided hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
        I’m wanting to hunt private land elk or mule deer in Wyoming, Montana, etc. for my 40th next September (2023). Do these states all require multiple preference points before you can hunt even if it’s private land? Did I wait too long to start planning for next September or are there still ways to get something booked?
        You can buy both Wyoming and Montana points now. There are places you can hunt both states for mule deer with one point. I think you can get a Montana General elk tag with one point which is good for most of the state.

Comment

Working...
        X