• Show
Clear All

Victory VAP's

Good looking shafts.
    To bad, but the logo has to go.
    No offense Victory.

Rick
    Attached Files

Now I just have to get caught up on tabs, so I'll have some time to get these set up.

Rick

Comment

These shafts are advertised as 9.8 gpi.
      By my scales, the are coming in at 9.88. Close enough.

I'm used to working with shafts of 12.2 gpi, so I am having to use some heavier hardware to get these VAPs to my target weight of between 9 - 10 gpp.

I think I have the build calculated, and the new hardware is on the way.

Hope I'm not barking up an empty tree. LOL

Rick

Comment

It's been my experience that lately, the shafts with a higher gpi, are getting harder to find.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          It's been my experience that lately, the shafts with a higher gpi, are getting harder to find.
          Especially in the lighter spine, small diameter categories.

These are .250's for 9.8 gpi.

My widowmakers are .300's, are only slightly larger in diameter, but are 12.2 gpi.

Rick

Comment

My monkey arms appreciate that! It's dang hard to tune an arrow sub 500 grains while still keeping 33" between the string and a field tip for 3D.

Comment

Acetone don't even phase the logos, and I'm not going to scrape them off, so I guess they'll have to stay, and look like an UGLY NASCAR.

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

The ugly ones are usually the winners.

Rick

Comment

They'll be going so fast you won't be able to tell.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

They'll be going so fast you won't be able to tell.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
                    Video camera should be able to track them real good.

Rick

Comment

For lunch today, I shot some bareshafts of my new arrow build.

Victory VAP V6 Sport .250's

Ouserts/Inserts are 50 gr

Using McKinney Pin Nocks, and all shafts are aligned "stiff side out".

Points are 225gr, and I have my broadheads matched up to that.

Bareshafts weight (with wraps) is 605gr. The fletched arrows will be 623gr.

I am shooting them uncut/full length (31"), and am drawing right to the back end of the outsert.

My draw length (via the stike tab) has increased from 29.5" to 30.5" (comfortably/naturally).
                      I didn't even know it, until I noticed/felt the outsert bumping the strike plate. Very Cool !

The Bow is:

JC-Optimus 21" riser, fitted with Backwoods Composite MOAC 2.0 Big Hook limbs.
                      65# @ 29.5", so I'm guessing around 66# at 30.5", because these Big Hooks don't build much on the tail end of the draw. That'll be right at 9.4 gpp on the finsihed arrows.

I haven't touched the tune of the bow, and this is my first & only shots in two weeks or more.
                      Pretty sure this arrow build is going to be about as close to spot on as I can get.

Once I get time to complete the tune, I'll do some speed testing.
                      Until that time - I've got tabs to build.

Just for Gits & shiggles, I shot from 17.3 yards. If you know, you know.

Rick
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just came in from shooting/tuning some.

Wind is howling, so it's hard to nail anything down tight on the tuning, but I am keeping bare shafts all on my 18" broadhead target from 40 yards. Can't complain about that.

The real reason I quit, was I had just barely glued my outserts on, just in case I had to pull them.

The arrows were going through the broadhead target, sticking into the backstop, and several of them had the point/outsert pull off in the backstop.

When I came in, I removed all the outserts, and reglued them all up solid, because if I can keep them on that small target from 40 yards, I know I'm not going to have to cut them.

Still sucks though, because I wanted to finish the tuning all up today.

Oh well, I'll get there.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X