Individual health plan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual health plan ?

I was a coach and teacher for 34 years then retired and am covered under teacher retirement. My wife on the other hand just left the teaching field and is pursuing her real estate career. This will be the first time she will not be covered through the school district so this is completely new to us. Do y'all have any recommendations on where to look for an individual health insurance plan. It is possible to add her to mine but the cost is insane. Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated !!!

Following this one. I recently started a business and will need to figure something out soon...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Insurance

My understanding is that you can put her on your retirement insurance and it saves you a good but vs the active teacher insurance

Comment

I've been referring my customers to community health choice. Mind you this is in southeast Texas, their network will get you access to name brand hospitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sell this stuff for a living - your options are very limited under Obamacare - maybe a couple of companies who offer coverage but deductibles and rates are sky high - also the choice of doctors is limited - good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Feathershredder View Post
            I've been referring my customers to community health choice. Mind you this is in southeast Texas, their network will get you access to name brand hospitals.

I advise reading VERY CAREFULLY this plans exclusions, limitations, drug limits, etc. as I did. I would not consider this comprehensive medical coverage

Comment

We are self-employed. Because of Obamacare the best insurance we can get is Blue Cross Blue Shield gold HMO plan. 32K a year.
              When I go to any doctor I sit next to people that are obviously lawn guys and restaurant workers. That's the whole deal with Obamacare is to force people like me to get the same level of care as people like them.
              Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

10-4, I've quit selling customers individual health plans personally because there are no great options as you pointed out. In this particular case it was either community health or BCBS, friend/customer chose community health for the access to name brand hospitals; memorial Herman, Methodist, st Luke's etc.

Comment

You can take your pick of super expensive, super duper expensive, and extraordinarily expensive! I, and several other people I know have moved to a Christian healthshare program. IT IS NOT HEALTH INSURANCE, but it's better than nothing, and if you fit the criteria it might be worth looking into. I am in the business (insurance) and have found this to be a reasonable alternative, for me. How long till you are 65? Feel free to pm me, I might could point you in a direction.

Comment

Being operated on in the morning. Wish me luck..................

Comment

I have an individual plan under Blue Cross - a gold plan. It's ridiculously expensive and I'm 'meh' about it. It's the best plan I could find. Not much out there for individuals unless you want to risk a high deductible. I was praying I'd get a tax benefit to make my family's insurance more like those that get it through their work or through Obamacare; but I'm not going to hold my breath. Prolly going to keep getting jacked liked the rest of us that aren't poor and work for ourselves. Sorry I don't have better news for you. My plan isn't bad, it's just not good for the high price it costs

Comment

Wow $32k I've bairly ever made that much a year!

Comment

Bad part now, all individual plans are HMO, thank you Ms Hussein and Peeelosi

I have a BCBS plan that I have had for 19 years, it's a PPO, for now, but the monthly premium for me alone is $885.00 a month, and I don't use it, but I'm old and have to have it just in case. $10,620 a yr for something I don't use, again, thank you Hussein and POSlosi. And they're exempt, just like all those hypocritical politicians

Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                            Being operated on in the morning. Wish me luck..................

Prayers for a quick recovery !!!!

Thank you everyone for the information so far. I'm already learning a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Feathershredder View Post
                              10-4, I've quit selling customers individual health plans personally because there are no great options as you pointed out. In this particular case it was either community health or BCBS, friend/customer chose community health for the access to name brand hospitals; memorial Herman, Methodist, st Luke's etc.

We quit selling it too - in fact most of the carriers quit paying agents if they write coverage - can't work for free. But I still try to direct folks to what their options are - which aren't many.
                              The sad part is that Texas had one of the best systems going before Obamacare came along. You could buy a quality health plan. If you had pre-existing conditions you could go to the state pool plan and get very good coverage for a reasonable price. If you were at or below poverty level and needed care there are a number of Federally Qualified health clinics where you could get good care.

I am not against the Christian health plans being offered but a person needs to be fully aware of the limitations on these plans - especially if there is a catastrophic medical event.
                              Last edited by TKK; 06-21-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X