A buck called Godzilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A buck called Godzilla

This buck was a known buck on our low fence Hill Country lease. Had many pictures of him at night in the protein pen along with several other mature deer. All became ghosts once we let the protein run out each year with no sightings or pictures. This year we kept the protein filled and the bucks stayed until bow season opened according to our trailcams. They were even visiting the corn feeder some during daylight hours in September so all of our hopes were high. As bow season neared they became nocturnal once again and stayed thru the first couple of weeks of season but again only in trailcam pictures. We hunted this set hard but no one ever laid eyes on Godzilla or any of the other mature bucks that frequented the protein. They all disappeared, even from the trailcams. Over time I think the realization set in for all of us on the lease that these deer had become ghosts once again. I got mad at them and went fishing for a week and in all, I ended up missing 3 weekends in a row in October. I decided to join one of my lease buddies at the lease for a 4 day hunt over the Veterans Day weekend. I got to the stand an hour before daylight and had deer in my throw corn soon after. As day broke one of the bucks in front of me was Godzilla! After an eternity of him quartering to me he got broadside and I came to full draw. He immediately turned quartering to again and I eventually had to let down. I bumped the blind when I did and he trotted off. He looked around a bit and as all the other deer moved in on the hand corn, I watched him slowly walk off. I figured I had blown my one and only opportunity at the ghost! On my exit from the stand I pulled the camera card and once I looked at it, I discovered that he had been there all week and at all times of the day. I immediately showered up, redressed and headed to the stand at noon for an all afternoon sit. He came in late and as the video shows things worked out a little better for me this time. He was a six year old that we scored at 156 7/8. I had him scored for a local contest and he was scored at 158. I still have trouble believing that God blessed me with a deer like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	25102140

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	25102141

Here is a link to the video. I included video of Godzilla coming in and a little interaction with a couple of other bucks. If you are impatient and want to go straight to the kill shot, fast forward to the 3:17 mark in the video.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Congratulations that is a great buck!

Comment

Stud!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Holy cow man. That's a beauty. Congrats sir!!!

Great video.

Had your bow tuned lately?
          Last edited by Fishndude; 12-01-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Nice job. And perseverance paid off.

Comment

Beautiful buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Great looking buck. Congrats

Comment

Great deer and video!

Comment

Great buck Larry!!!!

Semper Fidelis
                      Nemo me impune lacessit
                      Luminarium ex obscurum

Comment

Awesome buck. Love a 6X6. Congrats!

Comment

Thats a great buck, congrats!!!

Comment

Holy George Jones that's a toad.

Congrats my friend.

Rwc

Comment

Beautiful buck, Larry. Congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
                              X