Last day buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day buck

Well it came down to the wire but I got one..It all started Sunday 2:25PM as I pulled through the gate at my little property in Scurry county..I got parked and changed clothes..As I got my bow and my little bag of apple corn I see the cows coming towards me..I run them off a ways away..Then I take off for the my tripod..As I get to my set up there is a small 6 already in the pen at 3:05 PM...He runs off and I spread my corn and get settled in..About that time I see the cows crest the hill in front of me...I get down and run them off again..Get back into my tripod and by now it is 3:15...I start playing tetris on my phone and I had only got 6 lines and I see a deer to my left out of the corner of my eye..He has me pegged but I just stay still and he goes ahead and walks on by and heads to the feeder..He jumps in the pen and then he starts looking back from where he came from..About that time I hear foot steps but they are running then I see 2 bucks running in right under me..The deer I shot stopped at 22 yds to feed on my corn as the other kept his eye on me..I stayed still and as he looked away I put my bow up on my knee..The next time he looked away I drew back..All this time the deer I shot never looked my way..He stepped into an opening and I sent the slick trick on its way..Perfect hit..He ran 30yds and was down..Looked at my watch and it was 3:45...Man I was so happy and I was only in my stand for 30 minutes..I was glad to cause it was 30 degrees outside..As I walked up to him I realized this is the buck I had pictures of in August..He was way bigger than I expected..(Also got a bobcat)

My taxi scored him today..
    129 3/8
    6.5 years old
    Attached Files

nice work.....Scurry County rocks

Comment

Congratulations on a nice buck and bobcat.

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats on a great end to the season.

Comment

nice hunt

Comment

Congrats on the combos, the top of the deer hoist is awesome as well. That deer skull looking down at the deer sayin, "WHO'S YAR DADDY" !!!!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

nice going! Great buck.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to the buck and the cat.

Comment

Congrats.