No announcement yet.

Travel Trailer Slide Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback. It has been plugged in for its entire duration, I will check the water level in the battery. On some of the video's that I saw for this model has the manual override connection on the motor NOT like some other models that have the hole and attachment slot similar to what you have on a truck bumper to lower down the spare tire.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Walmart here sells slide out lube. My brother in law has to soak his ever so often and then I have to push in on it. It'll be good for a few trips after that

Comment

I would take a lot of oil and a fresh battery. You need a strong battery on those slides because of the converter. They use more of the battery power for the slides. Or that is what I have been told several times. Went through that last year.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
          Walmart here sells slide out lube. My brother in law has to soak his ever so often and then I have to push in on it. It'll be good for a few trips after that
          This is what I was thinking also. Maybe try having someone push on it while you try the electric motor?

I wouldn't use grease. The manual for my travel trailer that has two slide outs says to use a 3 in 1 spray oil. It is like a dry oil. The grease could collect dirt and stuff.

Also, be careful with your tires. I had mine like yours with one side having covers and the other side under the slide outs and the slide out side were toast.

J

Comment

Thanks guys, I was unaware that there was such a thing as slide lube. I just ordered some and we are getting to the location it is currently at the evening before we plan to move it so I will put the lube on that evening. I also will have some help so hopefully pushing on it helps. I also have a battery I can bring with me to swap out. I am going to try to get out there with two spare tires just in case. Worst comes to worst we will manually bring it in. I appreciate everyones feedback.

Comment

Mine got stuck, it just needed some help. Two guys on the outside gently pushing while I held the button got the slide in.

Comment

Low battery is likely your problem. It takes a lot of power to run those slides and if you don’t have a big, fresh battery they can give you fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X