.35 Remington vs. 300 savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.35 Remington vs. 300 savage

So recently I got a a couple of lever guns on the TBH classifieds.
    One is a Marlin 336 .35 Remington, the other is a savage 99 in 300 Savage.
    I am going on a weekend Sasquatch hunt in the Ouachita Mountains in OK.

I'm trying to figure out which rifle to take. I'm thinking the Marlin in .35 with a bushnell red dot since it is more of a brush gun and thinking if I see one it will be within a hundred yards. I will more than likely take my Ruger Wrangler for backup with some 32gr CCI hypervelocity stingers.

Any input is appreciated.

You definitely need a .50bmg for Bigfoot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take the 35 and aim for his privates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Satches are immune to anything smaller than a .50 cal.
        Don't forget the jerky for bait.

Comment

Had a guy tell me and a buddy he shot Big Foot while he was in a boat on the Sabine, however he only had a 223 and it ran off. So I'd suggest up grading to a .50 cal as well. This guy also fell out of a 25' tree stand while big foot hunting and broke both legs.

Comment

The 300 Sav is just a little shorter than the 308 ballistics. It was being pushing to be adopted as a military cartridge till Winchester released the 308Win. When I began reloading back in the early 1980s, the 300Sav was what I started with. It's got plenty of power, with a 150gr out to 300 yards for whitetail and most medium game. And maybe a good bit further if you know it well. My chambering is in a Rem 722 that my great grandfather bought new. And passed down to my Dad. My Dad never hunted with it. But both my great grandfather, grandfather, and my self have.

With that said, I also own a .35Rem. But it's in a single shot pistol with a Burris 1.5-4x on it. I've reloaded every thing from a 124rg 9mm to Speer's 250gr spire point in it. I've found the optimal projectiles for it are in the 160-180gr range for most stuff in Texas. The 35Rem was first introduced to my family when my great grandfather bought a Rem Model 8 autoloader when they were first released. That firearm was stolen when my Dad was a teen. I'll one day put one in my collection so that the family will once again have one.

That round is also what Texas Ranger Frank Hammer used to dispatch Bonnie and Clyde.

Comment

Working...
            X