No announcement yet.

Wyoming draw results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew our Pronghorn tags but swing and a miss on Mule Deer.

Gonna look at the Colorado secondary draw for elk and see if we can pick something up there. Otherwise we'll just spend a couple days chasing them otc 2nd or 3rd rifle after our WY speed goat hunt.

Comment

What's the difference between a draw tag and a general/OTC tag?

Comment

Drew antelope tag

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know if you are automatically awarded a preference point if you did not draw your tag in WY? Or do I need to purchase one this summer still like I normally would.

I didn't draw my Muley tag but my preference points are still showing as the same. Pronghorn points are zero'd out since I drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
            Does anyone know if you are automatically awarded a preference point if you did not draw your tag in WY? Or do I need to purchase one this summer still like I normally would.

I didn't draw my Muley tag but my preference points are still showing as the same. Pronghorn points are zero'd out since I drew.
            It is in the email.

" NOTE: Nonresidents who are unsuccessful or who drew their second or third choice are not awarded a preference point automatically. Hunters eligible for preference points may apply between July 1 and Oct. 31. Preference points must be purchased at least every two years to retain points."

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
              It is in the email.

" NOTE: Nonresidents who are unsuccessful or who drew their second or third choice are not awarded a preference point automatically. Hunters eligible for preference points may apply between July 1 and Oct. 31. Preference points must be purchased at least every two years to retain points."

My bad. Didnt make it past the link to check if we were successful or not. Thanks.

Comment

Where's everyone goat hunting? We'll be in 44. Probably middle to late October.

Going to try and secure a 1st or 2nd rifle elk tag in the Colorado Secondary draw to extend our trip a little since we missed on Mule Deer in WY. If that fails we'll just OTC a 2nd rifle tag.

Comment

My bad. Didnt make it past the link to check if we were successful or not. Thanks.
                  Figured that. I drew so I read the whole thing. Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    What's the difference between a draw tag and a general/OTC tag?
                    For non residents, all the tags are draw tags. General tags are good for most units and the easiest to draw. There are also units that are limited entry or limited quota that you need a certain number of preference points to draw.

Comment

Me & twdjr drew goat tags.

Comment

We drew our 52-2 pronghorn tags, doe tags for same area and spouse drew a whitetail tag. We'll both have a general elk and deer tags too.

For residents we can buy a general elk and deer licenses OTC, no general pronghorn licenses. The generals areas do have have a set number of tags so all resident general license holders can hunt any general area.

Scouting the next 2 days for the spouse's moose tag on in Western Wyo. It's hot over here too !

Comment

didnt get drawn for goats this year. oh well - time to buy another PP. I'm considering mule deer hunting - my understanding is that theres quite a bit of public you can hunt on a general tag. anyone have experience going after mulies in areas 7, 8, 13, or 21?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            For non residents, all the tags are draw tags. General tags are good for most units and the easiest to draw. There are also units that are limited entry or limited quota that you need a certain number of preference points to draw.
                            Gotcha. For western states that seems to be about as simple and straightforward as it gets.

Comment

Drew antelope buck tag, no doe tags. Oh well.

Comment

Where's everyone goat hunting? We'll be in 44. Probably middle to late October.

Going to try and secure a 1st or 2nd rifle elk tag in the Colorado Secondary draw to extend our trip a little since we missed on Mule Deer in WY. If that fails we'll just OTC a 2nd rifle tag.
                                By late Oct they may be herding up for winter.
                                Good local made beer at The Library downtown Laramie.

You'll be minutes form Colorado areas 9,191, 6,7 and 8.

Be prepared for snow and cold and road closures affecting travel by late Oct.

Comment

Working...
                                X