Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Haynie Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haynie Cats

Can someone please explain to me the main difference between the 23 Cat, 23 Super Cat and 24 Cat?

I know that the 23 Cat is narrower than the 23 Super Cat and has a straight/flat transom.

I know that the 23 Super Cat is wider than the 23 Cat and has a key slot transom.

I know that the 24 Cat is obviously longer than the 23 Cat and has a key slot transom like the 23 Super Cat.

Looking for more differences and information in regards to performance. Which is better in your opinion and why? Which would you go with in a new build assuming using a 300 Pro XS, 350 Verado or 400 Verado?

Why not a 450

Comment

“Which is better in your opinion”. None. I’d go Majek. Either way congrats on getting a new boat when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No reason to put anything bigger than the 300 proXS. Weight of the Verado is not worth the HP in my opinion.

I was not aware there was a width difference in the 23 cat and 23 super cat.

23 super cat feels like a 21-22 foot boat. 23 cat feels like 23-24’ boat.

If I was building today.. I’d go 23cat with 300proXS.

Congrats on the new boat!

Comment

Get the key slot transom whichever one you buy. They turn and back up very well, the flat transom doesn’t turn or back well. The 24 is almost 25ft I’ve done a lot of fishing in one and they are great, bust chop, run very shallow, get up shallow, turn very sharp.

Comment

By the way the one that I fished out of had a 250 sho and would run 50mph, IMO no need for more than 250-300

Comment

Fished off all three, the 23 super cat with the 300 pro-xs has my vote. It does handle like a smaller boat but rides in rough water similar to the others. The 24 feels much larger and seems to bust chop better but will be the slowest out of the three. They all are heavy layups but extremely solid. Never was impressed with the shallow water hole shot of the 23 cat. The super cat is better. They all run where you shouldn't concerning shallow. And most obvious, the super cat doesn't have the "Haynie hump" in the gunnel.

Call Brian and ask if he can arrange a test ride in Capt. Bunks new super cat. It might help you make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post
                No reason to put anything bigger than the 300 proXS. Weight of the Verado is not worth the HP in my opinion.

Just what i was told. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Like some have said above I'd go with the 23 super cat with the 300 or 350. Plus I'd take the Haynie over a majek!

Comment

Anyone been on or heard anything about the 25T? It's supposed to be the 25 Magnum but with a tunnel and apparently runs and gets up as shallow as the Cat. Was told this morning that it is available for order.

Comment

There is no difference in width. They are all based on the same hull. You have the 24 which has the inset transom. Cut the sponsons off and make a flat transom and you have the 23. Take the 23 and inset the transom into it and lose the dips on the side and you have the 23 Super Cat.

So the 23 Super Cat is going to feel a little smaller than a 23.

The complaint I have heard about the 24 is that you can't trim it up much, it runs more flat. Good shallow water boat, not as good when it's rough and not as fast. On the 23 you can trim it up and the ride improves a bunch in rougher water as well as it'll run faster.

I'd go Pro XS on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post

This here! We run a 23' Haynie Cat with a 200proxs and it does great...

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                          Anyone been on or heard anything about the 25T? It's supposed to be the 25 Magnum but with a tunnel and apparently runs and gets up as shallow as the Cat. Was told this morning that it is available for order.
                          I don't think it'll do what the cat does. I'd look at it more like a 25' Bigfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                            I looked at it when we attended the Rock the Dock in AP a few weeks back. One of the Haynie guides who were taking folks for rides said that he hadn't ridden in the one there (someones personal boat) and didn't know anyone who had. I know that doesn't help you any, but it's all the knowledge on it that I have to share with you

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              I looked at it when we attended the Rock the Dock in AP a few weeks back. One of the Haynie guides who were taking folks for rides said that he hadn't ridden in the one there (someones personal boat) and didn't know anyone who had. I know that doesn't help you any, but it's all the knowledge on it that I have to share with you
                              I know Captain Chad Peterek was running around in one but i didn’t see many pictures of it, no videos, and never really heard any numbers or any performance information on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X