Educate me on Oklahoma hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educate me on Oklahoma hunting

My wife and I just got back from a 5 day hunt in Ohio and for the money and the experience, we’ve decided we want our own place. It was a chit show....

So we live in Houston and are willing to get a place within 8-9 hours if need be and I’ve always been interested in Oklahoma. I’ve always thought it was a state with great genetics if you’re in the right spot. I just don’t know what areas of the state hold bigger deer. I’m assuming along the red river and along the Kansas border.

Can anyone give some insight on Oklahoma hunting? And what’s the best way about trying to find a place to hunt in general? Especially out of state. We desperately want to find somewhere we can hunt and enjoy ourselves that has great quality deer. Preferably a farm or something that we can lease to just ourselves or with a friend and split cost. We have no interest in any places with a lot of hunters on it. Been there. Done that. There is always that one guy.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW or SE is best overall areas. Non residents get 6 archery deer tags for 290 bucks I believe. SE has more hard woods and trees and NW has flat lands with hills. Some trees.
    Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 10-25-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Get ahold of Darton he will take care of you! I have my place for sale.

Comment

Darton on here came to mind also

Comment

As much as I’d like to buy, that’s not in the cards right now. Looking to lease a place. Just wanted some general ideas on how to go about finding a place

Comment

I’m lucky enough to have a daughter and son in law with about 1,200 acres near Westville and it’s loaded with big deer. Sitting in a pop up now.

Comment

Working...
            X