No announcement yet.

Tractor buying Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop around, just like buying a car except there's not as many tractor dealers as car dealers. Buying new at 0% is hard to argue with compared to used.

Kubota is the way to go under 100 hp. Get more hp than you think you need. 75hp is a good number for all around use. Anything smaller and the loaders aren't strong enough to do a lot of common things. Never hear guys say " I wish I bought a smaller tractor".

Comment

Kubota and John Deere is going to be higher priced than the other tractors the same size. If you are going to be an occasional tractor driver I would go with a mihindra or one of those blue ones.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
        Kubota has the 0% for 60 months going, but you get hit with about a $4500 insurance premium in there. for a cash purchase, they gave $1500 off.
        Why those rascals. Looks like the 0% interest is built into the purchase price if there is a cash discount. Shocking!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
            Kubota has the 0% for 60 months going, but you get hit with about a $4500 insurance premium in there. for a cash purchase, they gave $1500 off.
            Don’t let the insurance deter you, it is excellent insurance and priced competitively. My Dad has used it on several occasions and never had an issue with a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              Like was said before, the property will dictate what you need. My place is in high timber. I have a Kubota 32 HP compact tractor, and sometimes that is too big. If it was wide open and flat I would need as different tractor.
              I originally bought my 55 hp open cab due to this reason when we had our place in east Texas. After getting our new place in south Texas, I bought a 100 hp cabbed tractor and was going to trade the little one in, but the little one is just too handy in the woods and river bottom. Between the two, it’s perfect… until I’m using the open cab in the summer.

Comment

Normangee Kubota will be your best price on a Kubota.

Comment

4x4 is a must and will let you get away with less hp. Also HST trans is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                    Big negative, I’ve tried to buy two tractors from them a 7060 and a 111 and WC in Bryan beat them both times.

Comment

4 wheel drive, front end loader and 4 solid filled tires is a must and if your old like me a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        4 wheel drive, front end loader and 4 solid filled tires is a must and if your old like me a cab.
                        What do use to fill tires solid?

Comment

Is this ag property? If so and you run cattle you shouldn't need to shred.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                            What do use to fill tires solid?
                            Foam fill. It adds a lot of weight and is expensive

Comment

Foam filled but never have a try to change those big tractor tires or have a flat everytime you want to use your tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                                This^^. I have 2 Kubota tractors and an RTV from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X