S&W selling off Thompson Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W selling off Thompson Center

Some consider this sad news. Others, like me, think it’s great because S&W hasn’t done squat for the brand and has been slowly killing it off for years.

Anyway... for those who like T/C firearms, new frames may get much harder to come by until someone purchases the company from S&W.

Barrels and stocks are available from several aftermarket dealers, and have been of better quality than the factory stuff for quite some time.

All the best,
    Glenn
    Attached Files

I feel indifferent about it. Some very influential people in the T/C world seem to think this is good. Hopefully someone that is truly passionate for the single shot market will pick them up. I’m hoping Ruger or Henry but won’t hold my breath for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the sinking feeling that S&W was going to do to TC what Remington did to H&R/NEF! I hope the new buyers are as interested in the brand, as they are in stockholders. I know you need investors, but you need a good product to garner those investors first!

cricman

Comment

Greg Ritz is laughing his butt off. He sold the TC line to S&W for $108 million and they ran it into the ground.

Maybe some GOOD company will pick them up. Not another foreign company I hope. I received that same letter from Haus Of Arms, Marty. They should consider TC frame making. Bergarra is out. Just Match Grade Machine is still making TC barrels. I like my TC rifle. I have 4 bbls for it. I hope the TC line is continued.

Comment

Glad to see it leaving S&W hands, they had been letting it die. It's a small market but should be a profitable one if properly managed. Like an addiction, you buy one then starting thinking if I had a deer and varmint barrel, then a deer , varmint and rimfire barrel and maybe a 410 barrel.

Comment

I just bought a TC Compass last December. I was very pleasantly surprised at its accuracy. It even shoots better than my Rem 788 243. For example, it shot a 3 shot, 100 yard group of .269", with .264" bullet diameter.
            I was also pleasantly surprised at the S&W Shield that I bought last year for under $300. Shoots good and not a stutter or hiccup yet.
            I've been shooting TC products since about 1972, mostly muzzle loaders.
            I had a Contender, but never did warm up to it.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                Greg Ritz is laughing his butt off. He sold the TC line to S&W for $108 million and they ran it into the ground.

Maybe some GOOD company will pick them up. Not another foreign company I hope. I received that same letter from Haus Of Arms, Marty. They should consider TC frame making. Bergarra is out. Just Match Grade Machine is still making TC barrels. I like my TC rifle. I have 4 bbls for it. I hope the TC line is continued.
                Not just MGM, but SSK, Bullberry, and EABCO for barrels.
                SSK is trying to get their updated version of the original Contender (SSK-50) frame built.
                Quite a few companies making stocks - Revolution, Boyd’s, Stocky’s...
                Bellm for aftermarket trigger jobs, springs, and hinge pins.

All the best,
                Glenn

Comment

The only thing that we will be without is frames and the SSK 50 frames are supposed to be a reality this year so really only without encore frames for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m I sincere to as well but thanks for sharing the news.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I'm indifferent also but enjoy the various takes on the subject. There are always changes and appears this one may be duly warranted.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X