Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Low End Over and Unders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low End Over and Unders

The current high end O/U thread got me thinking about the lower end O/Us that you have or have shot. What would you rate as the best bang for your buck in this price range ($350÷$650)? Open to your thoughts, as I have considered the Yildiz and Tristar O/Us, but have not shot either one.

Had a terrible experience with a Mossberg Maverick O/U (synthetic) that I won at a DU Banquet.

Welds broke allowing the bottom barrel to move forward enough to where the firing pin wouldn't make contact with the primer.

Mossberg customer service was the worst I've ever experienced-- I sent the gun back (after marking both upper and lower) and requested either credit toward a different firearm or an entire new Maverick. Weeks later, zero communication I get the same gun back with a new upper-- which worked but was a terrible experience.

Will never ever own or purchase another Mossberg product.

Comment

I have some yildiz and berettas. The yildiz shoots very good. Would not hesitate to buy one again, some of them are a little tight at first but they just need to be shot and oiled and broke in.

Comment

Armi

Comment

I have a yildiz 20 ga that is awesome so far. I have also had a CZ Redhead Deluxe for quite a few years that is great!

Comment

Yildiz for that price range.

Comment

Yildiz.

Comment

I scoffed at the yildiz models for a long time until I shot one. It felt good in the hands, shouldered quite well, and overall was impressed when I figured I’d think it was a POS.

Found a model with the engraved receiver I wanted, and am now a proud owner. Will soon be buying the matching s/s to my o/u.

Comment

I have a Baikal 12 gauge O/U from Russia. About $300 brand new.
                  Very robust and well made. They're not pretty. Chokes are easy to find for them.

Comment

Stoeger Condor is a great gun.

Comment

I'll second the CZ. I've been happy with mine.

I also have a Lanber. I have been very happy with its reliability. I don't shoot it worth a darn if I don't shoot it exclusively but that is a personal fit issue vs quality of gun. I would recommend them.

Comment

My first was a Condor.
                        I was happy with it at first but realized it really didn't fit me correctly.
                        If it fits you go for it. If not definitely find something that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                          Stoeger Condor is a great gun.

I’m a fan of those stoegers. I have the OU and the double in 12 gauge. There is nothing to complain about.

Comment

No complaints with my Academy Yildiz 20 gauge

Comment

I have this 20 ga. I might let go of. It's had about 5 boxes of Monarch dove loads shot thru it in 2 years I've had it. Still tight as new.
                              Has all the chokes with it. Not sure if I still have the box in came in but do have a sock for it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X