Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
    Roll the straps in a nice ball around the end hook and zip tie them
    I keep a plastic milk crate in my truck to hold all bungee straps and ratchet straps
    I use a rubber band instead of a zip tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
      Coil up the tag end. Leave a short length before the ratchet.

Pull a loop from the middle and wrap it around the coil. Cinch up.

Done.

This is the best way I’ve found. Do the same on my ratchet straps when towing, never had one come loose.

Comment

I like the tangled mess. Keeps my mind sharp and dexterity in top form...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          I like the tangled mess. Keeps my mind sharp and dexterity in top form...
          This ^^^^! I just throw them in the back floorboard and do a lot of cussing when I need one.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            I use four thank you very much!

And if I ever get time I am going to do this to all of mine:
            http://youtu.be/h7GNFll7u58
            If that's the video I am thinking of I tried that method. It works but you have to run the working end of the strap over the tail end in the takeup spool. That was kind of left handed for me. I usually have the tail on top and the working end on bottom where it goes through the spool.

Comment

Electric drill and two prong fork for winding and just some small elastic straps with the ball on the end for storage. Haven't found anything better yet.

Comment

OLD White Athletic or Hunting Socks. Works great.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                    You roll them end over end in a nice tight "circle" and then you take that last foot or so of strap and wrap it across/around your circle and they stay nice and tight. Been doing it this way since I was in junior high... You can tell a lot about a man by how he handles his tow straps and how he stores his water hoses.
                    And extension cords. When I was still teaching High School Automotive I had an entire lesson on air hose, water hose, extension cord, and tie down strap proper storage. It amazes me the number of people who can not do any of the above properly

Comment

Brilliant^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        I think I would choose Jumper cables instead
                        or a welding ground clamp

Comment

Go to Harbour freight and buy some tool bags
                          When you are done with the straps separate the ratchet from the strap and put the ratchets in one bag and the straps in the other
                          They pack down well in a tool box
                          I used to take the tome to roll them up and zip tie or tape but it just got old
                          I generally have no issues with tangling when I store the ratchets and straps separately and it makes it easier to just grabs the bags and throw them on the atv , Utv or tractor when I need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I keep the 1 inch rolled up in a coffee can and the 2 inch rolled up and played flat with the ratchet on top.

Comment

I do mine similar to how Creedmore showed. Our family is in the trucking business and we are use to dealing with stowing straps. Unfortunately some of our employees take shortcuts and just pile them up. They can’t seem to understand why it takes so long to untangle straps before doing jobs. People get lazy. It’s usually the laziest that don’t seen to hang around long.

Comment

Working...
                              X