Cutco Kitchen Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    I have 1 Cutco and about 25 Victorinox Forschner knives since I cut meat for over 25 years. The cutco is a good knife, but keep your money and get the Victorinox all day long.

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/...3-chefs-knives
    I was watching the Bearded Butcher's YT video on knife sharpening and they use Victorinox knives.

It looks like you can buy 4 Victorinox boning knives for the price of 1 Cutco.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
      I was watching the Bearded Butcher's YT video on knife sharpening and they use Victorinox knives.

It looks like you can buy 4 Victorinox boning knives for the price of 1 Cutco.
      All of the meat cutters that I ever worked with used Forschner/Victorinox knives. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1609092249
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's my go-to sharpener for my knives and broadyeads (Razorheads and Snuffers)

Comment

Just want to bring this back up, we went on vacation for two weeks so the wife said we should send our Cutco knifes in to get sharpen, this would be the first time in 25 years that we did this. We have 17 knifes, they got back to our house the day after we got back. Cutco only sharpen 5 of the knifes the other 12 they replaced with brand new ones. All that for the cost of shipping both ways and that was about $30.00 total.

Comment

Cutco's lifetime warranty is LEGIT. I had a serrated hunting knife that I ruined sawing (or trying) thru the pelvis of a hog and forgot about the knife for about 15 years. Found it going thru boxes of old hunting stuff, the leather sheath was molded and the serrated edge was all bent.
            I sent it in and 3 weeks later they sent me a brand new knife with a new sheath as well.

Now THAT is a kick butt warranty. Knives that they couldn't sharpen here at my house were sent in and were sent back like new.

Comment

I'm not impressed with mine at all. I have a serated, boning, and hunting knife. I don't like having something I have to send in to have sharpened. The boning and hunting keep an edge average at best. They are both dull and just don't feel like dealing with the hassle again. I think the older blades must have been better than the ones I got 4-5 years ago. I did send them in once and were dull again in about 6 months for the boning knife and the hunting one made it through about 1 1/2 hogs.

Comment

Agree with ^

My wife bought a few from a very convincing sales guy and I was seriously underwhelmed. Save your receipt. They will take them back if you don't like them and you don't wait too long but you will have to work at it a bit.

Comment

Excellent warranty and service, not my favorite knife for every situation but we’ve enjoyed ours for almost 30 years.

Comment

Good golly! I never heard of em so I went to the interwebs to check them out. I never seen a knife set you'd need to finance. I could buy a Dexter every year for life and still be money ahead! I do appreciate a good knife though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X