Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2021, 05:02 PM   #251
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default TBH weight loss challenge 2021

OK guys.. This thing is done and over.. we had a few guys absolutely kick ***.. Here are our winners..

1st place.. Losing 49# and 16.89% Hoggslayer Jay Horn 60%-$1374.24

2nd place Losing 31.5# and 13.46% Landrover Oscar Taylor 30%-$687.12

3rd Place Losing 23.5# and 10.53% Terry Chance 10%-$229.04


Winners. Shoot me a pm with your pay pal and Iíll get you paid


JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #252
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Wow!!!!! Hoggslayer stayed in BEAST mode. I need your secrets sir, I keep hitting plateaus for 10 -14 days at a pop. FEEL great and look solid but the plateaus are tough on the mental side of pushing through. I want to thank everyone for the consistent pushing as I have not missed a day in nearly 4 months. I want to make this a LIFESTYLE change not a up & down battle! #StayHard #Goggins #Jocko #TBH
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #253
mdnabors
Ten Point
 
mdnabors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Weatherford, Kansas, MS
Default

Congrats guys, great work. I lost 13.68% and got down to 198#. Woulda been 2nd place again like 2019 competition but messed up the final weigh-in pic and couldnít get another one to enter as Iím on vacation. Bad luck At least I feel and look better. Ha
mdnabors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #254
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Wow!!!!! Hoggslayer stayed in BEAST mode. I need your secrets sir, I keep hitting plateaus for 10 -14 days at a pop. FEEL great and look solid but the plateaus are tough on the mental side of pushing through. I want to thank everyone for the consistent pushing as I have not missed a day in nearly 4 months. I want to make this a LIFESTYLE change not a up & down battle! #StayHard #Goggins #Jocko #TBH
No secret Oscar , you just have to push through those plateaus.

I found that I will lose weight then inches during the plateau phase. Once my body catches up then I will start losing weight again.

I did Keto and was very strict about it. I tracked everything that went in my mouth for the 1st month and a 1/2.
Zero bread and sweets.

I'm going to celebrate with a gallon of butter pecan.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #255
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
No secret Oscar , you just have to push through those plateaus.

I found that I will lose weight then inches during the plateau phase. Once my body catches up then I will start losing weight again.

I did Keto and was very strict about it. I tracked everything that went in my mouth for the 1st month and a 1/2.
Zero bread and sweets.

I'm going to celebrate with a gallon of butter pecan.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
money sent.. Congrats again
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 11:09 PM   #256
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default

I am glad that I kept all of my smaller sized jeans, hoping for “some day”. Now they fit again....
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 01:45 AM   #257
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point
 
ThisLadyHunts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America
Default

Congratulations to the winners (top losers?) and to all those who stayed the course.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #258
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

ok guys.. Money has been paid out.. Congrats to everyone who lost weight..
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #259
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor
 
Gunnyart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mansfield, TX
Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX
Default

Congrats.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #260
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
No secret Oscar , you just have to push through those plateaus.

I found that I will lose weight then inches during the plateau phase. Once my body catches up then I will start losing weight again.

I did Keto and was very strict about it. I tracked everything that went in my mouth for the 1st month and a 1/2.
Zero bread and sweets.

I'm going to celebrate with a gallon of butter pecan.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Ahhhhh.........I need to monitor inches during plateaus as that may be whats happening as I am down 3 belt holes. YES, folks on the KETO thread said i needed to track more specifically for at least a month or two. I just jumped straight in and cut carbs and sugar DRASTICALLY! Oh, I had two of the KETO Enlighten ice cream bars last night. Now...........back to the grind!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
I am glad that I kept all of my smaller sized jeans, hoping for ďsome dayĒ. Now they fit again....
That's a winning formula sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
Congratulations to the winners (top losers?) and to all those who stayed the course.
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! I told my daughter I was FIRST loser and that congrats were nice I still loss!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #261
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
Congrats guys, great work. I lost 13.68% and got down to 198#. Woulda been 2nd place again like 2019 competition but messed up the final weigh-in pic and couldnít get another one to enter as Iím on vacation. Bad luck At least I feel and look better. Ha


Yeah I thought you were taking this for sure md. Iíll bet you feel amazing which is better than the prize money for sure.

Congrats to the winners.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 04:18 PM   #262
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Oh, I had two of the KETO Enlighten ice cream bars last night. Now...........back to the grind!!!)
Watch out for those foods that are labeled KETO. When you track your cards in the Carbmaster app, you'll see they aren't worth it. Most of the time they will put you over your carb limit.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #263
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Oh, I had two of the KETO Enlighten ice cream bars last night. Now...........back to the grind!!!)
Watch out for those foods that are labeled KETO. When you track your cards in the Carbmaster app, you'll see they aren't worth it. Most of the time they will put you over your carb limit.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 08:31 PM   #264
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Watch out for those foods that are labeled KETO. When you track your cards in the Carbmaster app, you'll see they aren't worth it. Most of the time they will put you over your carb limit.
I hear ya!!! Dang sure better than your Blue Bell binge though. I ain't that brave yet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 PM   #265
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I hear ya!!! Dang sure better than your Blue Bell binge though. I ain't that brave yet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yea, I chickened out. I wasn't going to put that much work in and ruin it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #266
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Yea, I chickened out. I wasn't going to put that much work in and ruin it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Whew, I know that feeling. I am in a 75 push up challenge for a charity. Only 75 per/day for the month of April......it ain't fun....lol!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com