Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone spotted any Purple Martin or Hummingbird scouts yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
    I put my feeders out last week, no visitors seen yet (Parker County). I love to watch the Hummingbirds!
    You ever seen them this thick? This was taken September of last year.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd26S9tIACs"]Hummingbirds - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I saw a Humminbird checking out one of my daughters play sets (has some red parts on it). Got the feeder put out next day, haven’t seen any at it yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 1 HB stop and drink last week, but haven't seen it since. Hope he brings friends and comes back.

Comment

Yep.....just had one, come up to my front door.........here in Eastland....
          Where I usually, hang my feeder........
          I think he came up, to let me know he was there..........
          There's a feeder out there now................

Comment

Well this evening the Martins seemed to be very active... My "big house" has birds in at least 6 slots... Nothing yet in the other two houses...
            Didn't see any hummers this evening...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              You ever seen them this thick? This was taken September of last year.
              Hummingbirds - YouTube
              WOW, never seen that many!

Comment

Finally! A hummingbird in Oak Ridge.

Comment

THe hummingbirds we had show up in Richmond were Black Chinned, I had never seen them before, we only have Ruby Throated. Was cool having a different variety finally.

Comment

Neither here that I've seen yet, but a stupid female cardinal has spent the last week flying at my windows

Comment

I've yet to see either. I heard a martin scout a few weeks ago. I've had hummers as early as late Feb before. The coral honeysuckle is blooming and ready.

I had purple martins for many years. Then, 2 years in a row the houses were attacked. After that the martins would come to the house but never stay. Last year I put up guards but they still would not return. The guards were white painted tin and I wondered if that bothered them so this year I "camo" painted them with what ever colors of spray I had around. I hope this helps. I miss my martins. Such happy birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                        I've yet to see either. I heard a martin scout a few weeks ago. I've had hummers as early as late Feb before. The coral honeysuckle is blooming and ready.

I had purple martins for many years. Then, 2 years in a row the houses were attacked. After that the martins would come to the house but never stay. Last year I put up guards but they still would not return. The guards were white painted tin and I wondered if that bothered them so this year I "camo" painted them with what ever colors of spray I had around. I hope this helps. I miss my martins. Such happy birds.
                        Did you protect your coral honeysuckle during the freeze? Mine got hammered but is coming back, just a few blooms on it right now. But they were just patented this past Summer.

Comment

Had the first hummer show up this morning. Martin’s are in full swing these past few mornings. Must have 15 or 20 this morning. Seems more n more showing up now.

Comment

Anyone spotted any Purple Martin or Hummingbird scouts yet?

No hummer sightings here yet but I think we've successfully become first year PM landlords!! They are becoming more and more active everyday and must like what they see. [emoji106]

Comment

One hummer first of this week, none since. Putting up my first PM house today as we are new to this area and the birds. Hopefully we get some!

Comment

Put out my hummingbird feeders last weekend. Have had a few show up but don’t stay for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X