Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,
Default Mahindra Tractors: Opinions

Have always had an orange tractor but looking to move up to ~70hp. Dealerships and service are the neck and neck for both brands. No regen on the Mahindra. $9260 less for the Mahindra.

I donít buy stuff for resell value. I buy stuff for how good it does what I buy it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
175gr7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

I have an older and a new Mahindra. Both have been good tractors.
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack and Henderson Counties

Can't go wrong with Mahindra. No complaints here on the one I used for a couple years.

No Regen would be a seller to me!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Mahindra - Great motors and Hydraulics, Crappiest Indian steel of any equipment!
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #5
brnhtown
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk county

I had a mahindra 4035 and loved it. Good tractors
brnhtown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #6
twistedmidnite
Ten Point

Hunt In: texas

4025 4x4 here, no complaint's in 6 years
twistedmidnite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #7
GoneSouth
Banned!!!

people always like to buy the cheapest thing available and talk it up... just sayin.

Kinda goes along the line of how people always like to talk about how cheap they got their vehicle and then talk about how expensive their house is...always bull*#&@

If you’ve been happy with your orang tractor I’d stay with it and just trade up
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:46 PM   #8
wickll
Eight Point

Hunt In: Victoria and Lavaca Counties

I just recently bought a 2014 mahindra 65 HP. Seems like most of the newer tractors of all brands are lighter in weight at a given HP. But the models from just a few years ago, Mahindra's were really beefy tractors.

Three complaints. First, my fuel tank has a lot of rust in it. A mechanic told me that even some of the new Mahindra's have rust in the fuel tank. Apparently a poor coating on the interior. I had the screen on the fuel tank replaced and try to keep the tank pretty full. Second complaint is it is pretty noisy. So noisy that I wear ear plugs or ear muffs when I run it (no cab).

Third complaint: a little difficult to shift into gear sometimes.

Pluses: Lots of power, good price relative to other brands, and I love the shuttle shift.
wickll is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #9
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

If you’re a piddler and don’t use them for a living they’re fine. My buddy’s a full time rancher and he pretty much destroyed 2 of them. Ripped front end loaders off, had to weld and beef up the frame and components.
Mr. Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #10
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSouth View Post
people always like to buy the cheapest thing available and talk it up... just sayin.

Kinda goes along the line of how people always like to talk about how cheap they got their vehicle and then talk about how expensive their house is...always bull*#&@

If youíve been happy with your orang tractor Iíd stay with it and just trade up
I was reared on a sugar cane, cotton, and soybean farm. Farmed thousands of acres. Drove everything from Deereís, IHís, MFís, New Hollands, and Steigers. The Mahindras are no worse or better than any of the ones mentioned. I could make a case for any of them. And, every one of them rust.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #11
GoneSouth
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
I was reared on a sugar cane, cotton, and soybean farm. Farmed thousands of acres. Drove everything from Deereís, IHís, MFís, New Hollands, and Steigers. The Mahindras are no worse or better than any of the ones mentioned. I could make a case for any of them. And, every one of them rust.
I do not disagree with you, but how many 40 year old mahindras have you seen in the field still stirring up dust? I guess it all depends if you are a weekend warrior or a true sod buster. I grew up turning dirt myself, as did all my friends and neighbors. Not a single person I know that makes a living with equipment uses mahindra, kioti, yanmar or any of the harbor freight type brands and there is a reason.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #12
Ronnie
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tex. and La.

Bought one in '11. Its a tough son of a gun but doubt it lasts as long as my Bucaneer

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
Ronnie
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tex. and La.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Bought one in '11. Its a tough son of a gun but doubt it lasts as long as my Bucaneer

JUBILEE!!! Were in the world did bucaneer come from. Auto correct????

Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #14
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:
I do not disagree with you, but how many 40 year old mahindras have you seen in the field still stirring up dust? I guess it all depends if you are a weekend warrior or a true sod buster. I grew up turning dirt myself, as did all my friends and neighbors. Not a single person I know that makes a living with equipment uses mahindra, kioti, yanmar or any of the harbor freight type brands and there is a reason.
Maybe the reason is parts availability, I bought a kioti and it ran great ( Perkins 3 cylinder engine) but dealership support and parts where a problem
A true sod buster probably canít handle any down time with anything that isnít a quick recovery
S-3 Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #15
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Mainly because you do not make a living turning sod with mini tractors. Most of these minis are very comparable. Once you step up to the big boys then the big differences come into play. At one time a John Deere 5020 or 4630/4640 was small to me. These 25-55 hp tractors are very similar in what they can do.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #16
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Great tractors . Only reason I sold mine was it was to small .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #17
redfishted
Ten Point

Hunt In: Earth

I was in the same boat as you, looking for a 70 hp, looked at Kubota and Mahindra, ended up going with the Kubota 7060 as the Mahindra was considerably more expensive.
redfishted is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #18
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

I’ve driven Kubota, Deere, and Mahindra. I have had, or caused, major mechanical failure on each Mahindra I have driven.. Haven’t had an issue with the other brands yet doing the same things with each tractor. Point being is that I think Mahindra is cheaply made and cuts corners to save costs
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #19
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

I have a mahindra 7010, 2008 model
Strong, heavy and gets it done
Lots of people will give you other brands because thatís what they were raised on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #20
GoneSouth
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Mainly because you do not make a living turning sod with mini tractors. Most of these minis are very comparable. Once you step up to the big boys then the big differences come into play. At one time a John Deere 5020 or 4630/4640 was small to me. These 25-55 hp tractors are very similar in what they can do.
Very good point! I fail to take that into consideration when talking tractors much too often. As a matter of fact, many of the tractors below the 70 hp mark are all made in the same factory anymore. Kinda crazy when you actually stop and think about it. Our main work horse on the farm now is a 225hp Case, my grandfather used to farm this whole place with a 40hp Farmall. It also used to take him 4 days to plow what we can cover in less than a day now
Old 05-11-2019, 07:29 AM   #21
Tbar
Ten Point

I have a Mahindra 4025. It is all steel construction vs the plastic on tractors of similar size.
It has a International designed tier three 4cy diesel engine.
It is the world's Highest-selling tractor brand.
Despite my abuse I have yet to break anything on it yet.
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #22
tminc
Ten Point

Hunt In: burnet county,mexico

I have a 1976 450 mahindra, its still chugging along, been sitting outside for 43 years, all i have done is change the fluids and put new rubber on it recently. The most dependable workhorse tractor ive ever been around. Needs brakes now, and it does all of the mowing,tilling and foodplot work on 586 acres. Parts are still available and its the best tractor ive ever owned!
tminc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #23
Bowtech38
Pope & Young

See how the operation compares to a kubota, service after the sale.
Bowtech38 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #24
John Paul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blackhill, McCoy, Encinal

Have an older 50 hp mahindra. Live on 150 acres and it shreds, discs, whatever I need no problem. Got a great deal on it, and it runs a works like any other. Biggest complaint is the slave pump in the gear box.
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #25
roughneck266
Ten Point

Hunt In: Apple Springs

Mahindra Tractors are as good as any of them. Side by sides, not so much..
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #26
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

I have a '15 6110 4x4 w/cab and love it. It's as good or better than any others(Kubota,International,JD,Ford) I've had before.
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #27
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Dad had a 4550 for a little while that we used for cleaning up job sites. It seemed well built for the time we used it. We both prefer my Kubota mx4700. He has since sold the Mahindra 4550 and bought a bigger Kubota, I believe it’s a 5660.
2Lazy2P is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #28
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

I think most of your smaller tractors are all pretty close to equal. What I consider residential use. When you get to working machines and combines from what I can tell it changes. The smaller tractors and larger tractors in some very popular companies are made in different countries.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #29
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pow Pow!

I'd stick with orange.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #30
Maddox
Ten Point

Ive put 20 hours on my Kubota and haven’t had a single issue with Regen. I keep it reved to about 1800 and don’t let it idle much.
Maddox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #31
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Depends what your going to do with it. I have a 2011 4 wd 4500 with foam in tires. I use it for shredding, plowing small feed plots, feed round bales, driving t posts, moving rocks and uprooting small brush etc I had the same problem with green paint or rust in fuel tank that I think a jd subatoged it and broke a rim hauling huge round bales. If it's just for stuff like this I think I would go with a mihindra but your don't see that many mihindra out the where people run them hard everyday. Probably depending on horsepower probably all made in India.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #32
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties

When I got ready to move on from my Kubota M5700 I looked around until I found an M6040 with 900 hours on it. No regen on it either and does everything I want it to do. Nothing about a new tractor excites me, especially the price.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #33
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I have a Mahindra 4025. It is all steel construction vs the plastic on tractors of similar size.
It has a International designed tier three 4cy diesel engine.
It is the world's Highest-selling tractor brand.
Despite my abuse I have yet to break anything on it yet.
There are a lot of farmers in India with tractors.
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #34
Ilik2hunt
Four Point

I have the 2538 and it does everything I need, no problems. We use it to put in food plots,shredding,and typical farm use. It has been a good tractor
Ilik2hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #35
GoneSouth
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
There are a lot of farmers in India with tractors.
This is true, Iíve seen a ton of their YouTube videos and they seem to prefer kubota.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #36
Texans42
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
Mahindra Tractors are as good as any of them. Side by sides, not so much..
Yelp buddy just had fly wheel go out on his SxS, but itís not at actually made by Mahindra, just rebranded by Mahindra
Texans42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #37
roughneck266
Ten Point

Hunt In: Apple Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans42 View Post
Yelp buddy just had fly wheel go out on his SxS, but itís not at actually made by Mahindra, just rebranded by Mahindra
Exactly. Good friend has a couple of em. One of which has spent all but a couple months of it's first year in the shop, because they can't get parts for it and can't figure the issue out on another problem.
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #38
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties

I looked real hard at Mahindra but ended up with a Kubota. Only reason was the Kubota dealership was much closer to me.
panhandlehunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #39
Mconner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas,anywhere

I have a 2018 6075 4wd and this tractor does more than I ask it to do. Power for days and no regen is a selling point for me and also the fact I can hit the dealership with a rock from our place, but seriously the only trouble I have had is resetting the maintenance reminder at 50hrs boy that was fun. Myself and two Mahindra techs is what it took. If any of y’all need the procedure let me know I have one that works lmao
Mconner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #40
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
Exactly. Good friend has a couple of em. One of which has spent all but a couple months of it's first year in the shop, because they can't get parts for it and can't figure the issue out on another problem.
this is key with any tractor product. depending on the model and make, the manufacture, all manufactures, outsource parts, namely engines.

i bought a mahindra 3616 cab. it has a Mitsubishi engine and its frigging bullet proof (ive tried killing it to no avail). the 3616s comparable is a jd r series. those tractors where twice as much with a cab and had dugong (how you spell korean crappy engine) engine. point is it varies year to year, model to model, make to make and you have to do your research for the tractor class you want.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #41
Texans42
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster View Post
I have a '15 6110 4x4 w/cab and love it. It's as good or better than any others(Kubota,International,JD,Ford) I've had before.

Same tractor, itís been pretty much bulletproof. For sub 100 HP itís hard to beat the Mahindra and itís pricepoint
Texans42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #42
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

I have one and it’s been a great tractor. No problems so far the 7years I’ve had it. I think mahindra is the largest manufacturer in the world.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #43
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
Have always had an orange tractor but looking to move up to ~70hp. Dealerships and service are the neck and neck for both brands. No regen on the Mahindra. $9260 less for the Mahindra.

I donít buy stuff for resell value. I buy stuff for how good it does what I buy it for.

love mine, hurricane harvey claimed my first one but i didnt even have to think about looking at another brand , i went straight back to mahindra ...

it's a small one at 26 hp but it is a work horse ,,,, it is everything i wanted and delivers all i have needed
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #44
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:

If youíve been happy with your orang tractor Iíd stay with it and just trade up
sounds like straight up jealousy ,
Old 06-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #45
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

What did you end up with.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #46
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman59 View Post
love mine, hurricane harvey claimed my first one but i didnt even have to think about looking at another brand , i went straight back to mahindra ...

it's a small one at 26 hp but it is a work horse ,,,, it is everything i wanted and delivers all i have needed

Do you have the 1626?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #47
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

This was a little shocking to me, but I guess I should not be surprised:

Below is a list of factories where John Deere tractors are manufactured:

Rosario, Argentina: Ag tractors
Montenegro, Brazil: Ag tractors
Harbin, China: Ag tractors
Ningbo, China: Ag tractors
Tianjin, China: tractors
Mannheim, Germany: Ag tractors
Dewas, India: Ag tractors
Pune, India: Ag tractors
Saltillo, Mexico: Ag tractors
Moscow/Domodedovo, Russia: Ag tractors
Augusta, Georgia, United States: Compact utility and utility tractors
Waterloo, Iowa, United States: Ag tractors
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States: Lawn and garden tractors
Horicon, Wisconsin, United States: Lawn and garden tractors

==============

On the Mahindra SxS, are they still the Intimidators being assembled in Arkansas or are they another brand ?

Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-09-2021 at 05:46 PM.
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #48
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Do you have the 1626?
mine is the 1526,, love this little tractor!
Old 03-09-2021, 07:33 PM   #49
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellingtontx View Post
This was a little shocking to me, but I guess I should not be surprised:

Below is a list of factories where John Deere tractors are manufactured:

Rosario, Argentina: Ag tractors
Montenegro, Brazil: Ag tractors
Harbin, China: Ag tractors
Ningbo, China: Ag tractors
Tianjin, China: tractors
Mannheim, Germany: Ag tractors
Dewas, India: Ag tractors
Pune, India: Ag tractors
Saltillo, Mexico: Ag tractors
Moscow/Domodedovo, Russia: Ag tractors
Augusta, Georgia, United States: Compact utility and utility tractors
Waterloo, Iowa, United States: Ag tractors
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States: Lawn and garden tractors
Horicon, Wisconsin, United States: Lawn and garden tractors

==============

On the Mahindra SxS, are they still the Intimidators being assembled in Arkansas or are they another brand ?
Now search individual class engine manufacturers and which part of the globe they come from. All over the place.

My mahindra is a tank, I've put it through more than a lil tractor should be asked to do. Ran it out of oil 3 times and overheated it atleast twice. Never has missed a beat. Mitsubishi diesel.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #50
Team Porkchop
Ten Point

We have a small hay operation and used a Mpower 85 to mow and bale. We also used a 2565 to rake and do utility work. The Mpower gave us alot of problems, finally traded on MF 4710 (the MF has been in the shop 6 out of the 8 months we've owned it) The 2565 has given us problems too but its paid for so harder to justify getting rid of it. Right now the 2565 runs good but the tachometers are not reading. My brother has 2 JD 5100E, he bales hay and has had fuel and electrical problems. Mahindra makes good small utility tractors. We finally bought a JD 4430 and its the BEST! We are also looking at another 30 series JD. My advice is to buy a good 1970-2000 used tractor. Easy to work on and u dont have to deal with sensors and switches going bad and parts are cheaper. Also my Dad has a 2006 mahindra 45 hp (4500 model i think) and that thing can't be stopped!

Last edited by Team Porkchop; 03-09-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Team Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top