PGA & LIV to Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duane View Post
    I'm not a fan of it. Call me a hater, but I don't want to see the PGA Tour influenced by Saudi money. And PIF Governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan is going to be chairman of the new board overseeing this new venture (do we still call it the PGA?). This is somehow good news for golf?
    Yep, they'll ruin the product before it's over. This is no merger, the PGA just got bought and taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
      Unless it's the US Open.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
      Id say this is one of those lost the battle, won the war scenarios for ol Lefty

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Yep, they'll ruin the product before it's over. This is no merger, the PGA just got bought and taken over.
        Well, I sure hope Rory and Brandell stand by what they say and quit before the PGA tour goes under

Comment

I believe this was part of the plan all along……..by one of the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
            This has turned into a huge soap opera. Watching this unfold is going to be more entertaining than the sport itself for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few guys that are set for life take an early retirement and watch from the sidelines with popcorn. Being in the middle of this has to be exhausting.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
            Just hope they do it quietly with that golf commentator voice so they don't mess up my nap!

Comment

So a foreign country with unlimited money and an inferior product is able to muscle in and within a year shares ownership of the PGA Tour. And it will now share in those profits for its own benefit. Not sure how anyone can be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                PGA just got duked by the Saudi’s using the “Michael Scott Paper Company” tactic (for you The Office fans)

Whole thing is hilarious
                LMAO!! Yep

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                  So a foreign country with unlimited money and an inferior product is able to muscle in and within a year shares ownership of the PGA Tour. And it will now share in those profits for its own benefit. Not sure how anyone can be happy about that.
                  As JohnPaul just told me ... money is EVERYTHING.... Great life lesson for everyone to see... do not be loyal to an employer... do what is best financially for you.... especially if there is a limited of supply of people with your talent.

Comment

One day we will see the communist for who they are....and the muslims as well.
                    What a stupid *** move

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Comment

Originally posted by OTL91 View Post
                        As JohnPaul just told me ... money is EVERYTHING.... Great life lesson for everyone to see... do not be loyal to an employer... do what is best financially for you.... especially if there is a limited of supply of people with your talent.
                        I get that but I'm just not sure that is exactly what happened here. The PGA Tour did not want to do this, at least originally. Its player membership was absolutely against it.

By most accounts, the PGA Tour was going to lose to LIV's claims of anti-trust violations. But PGA Tour wasn't competing with a viable business competitor. It was a foreign country veiled behind a "public" investment fund. LIV's business model could never survive as an ongoing entity - playing name players exorbitant salaries and 36 or how many players playing each other 12 times a year.

This was their strategy and it worked. Saudi Arabia will now profit from its ongoing ownership of something they had nothing to do with building or developing. While their own country's contribution to the talent or consumption of the product (viewership, TV revenues will be nominal at best.

Comment

PGA is the bad guy in this. They lorded themselves over players for way too long…will be curious to see what eating crow looks like for alot of the players

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            One day we will see the communist for who they are....and the muslims as well.
                            What a stupid *** move
                            I think most here know who communists are, and alot of us here have seen muslims up close and personal. This has what to do with either? I also know a little about the PGA, they got caught and called out for ****ing everyone they could and it cost them. And btw, the good ol USA murders people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              PGA is the bad guy in this. They lorded themselves over players for way too long…will be curious to see what eating crow looks like for alot of the players
                              Exactly. I hope Rory and Brandell stand by their word and never take money from the Saudis

Comment

The world is back in order now.

Comment

Working...
                                X