First Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Recurve

[SIZE="6"]My Thunderhorn Linx came in today! I dig it. I can't wait to go set some cameras and maybe get a stalk in a on pig with this! I bought this bow in Colorado back in 2012 and never really shot it except for maybe the month I bought it.

Last season, opening weekend, my compound came apart so I started shooting my recurve and I've been addicted since.

Life is good.

Fred Bear Grizzly 50#
    Thinking about using Jager broadheads. Maybe Magnus...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230510-214115_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	25313707
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230510-214130_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	25313708

Love the excitement. Keep working it and if you have any questions, ask Bisch. See you out there.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Bear rig.
      Lets see the Thunderhorn Linx.
      You are invited to come shoot first shot challenge.

Comment

Good luck! There are only a few things in life as exciting as walking up to the first critter you get with a stickbow!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Good luck! There are only a few things in life as exciting as walking up to the first critter you get with a stickbow!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I remember my first kill with a stickbow. London Oaks in 2021. Still can't believe I made that shot!

Comment

DRT, will do for sure! I want to get to a Brazos County Archery Club shoot soon but I'm battling a hell of a schedule...but maybe I can make the Bob Lee shoot...

Thanks Briar, I love it. That's the Thunderhorn Linx attached to it, it seems like a solid quiver!

Bisch, it'll be a minute most likely before I can get one, but I have the rest of my life which is hopefully a while ;p

SJP51, That's awesome. I vividly remember my first deer with a compound it was awesome. I'm excited to get one with my recurve. There's some good spot and stalk areas out here and lots of pigs so i'm going to try to get on one before deer season!

Comment

Got it. I didnt realize the quiver was the Linx. My bad.

Come shoot.

Comment

I shot this morning, and watched an arrow veer right and sail to infinity and beyond ;D

I want to, I have a bunch of buddies who want to make the club shoot with compounds in June, and 2 of them it would be their first 3D. I just have to play it as it comes, with an infant and 2 year old I'm running a tight pirate ship and sometimes these little raiders mutiny!

Comment

Sweet bow and quiver. I picked up my first recurve back in Nov, OMP Mountaineer. Then purchased a 1966 Grizzly 49@28, then picked up a 1970 Kmag 45@28. Have not shot my compound or xbow since. Went on a few hog hunt down at Granger Lake, no luck, but plan on hunting there next season for deer, if I draw, but will hunt hogs there for sure.

Comment

I’m sooo confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I’m sooo confused.
                      Can I help clear up your confusion?

Comment

Cocobulldog that's awesome. I still shoot my compound and will definitely hunt more with it, but I mostly shoot my recurve now...
                        I'm hoping to jump some hogs with my recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmetz117 View Post
                          Can I help clear up your confusion?
                          I get it now. First paragraph should have been 2 paragraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I get it now. First paragraph should have been 2 paragraphs.
                            Fair point! Forgive my placement, I have a infant and 2 year old who wont sleep through the night. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it until they move out!

Comment

Bmetz, I owned that same bow and specs and it was a good shooter. 50# should do anything you ask it to along with the broadheads you mentioned.
                              Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X